Worst winter ever

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious tho that only Science has a derogatory term for those with all the letters...
BOFFIN
!

Yeghes da

I hate two things in the world: academic people and classifying people.

Last edited:
stop feeding the troll DM - enough effluent coming out one end - don't want it happening each.
This has nothing to do with who's right or whose wrong - it'

..... alas you seem to have only one response to anyone questioning your "superiority" or opinion....that of abuse. Much of which, I note, has already been removed by admin.

Remember the... " I Know My Place" sketch by the Two Ronnies

I do not look up to... or down on anyone.... Classless!

Yeghes da

I hate two things in the world: academic people and classifying people.

I don't hate academics but I do hate what academia has become.

To give an example. We funded a chap to go on a 5 year course on day release so he could get a masters degree which would help him with his career. The fifth year he had to put together his thesis based on a work related project. We were working on a clever little gadget that is destined to save lots of lives and prevent lots of patient injuries - one that we've had patented. Anyway, we thinks it's a good idea to link this chap's thesis to some of the work we're doing on our gadget. Good job I checked the small print before we went ahead because guess what. If we had allowed him to use the gadget in his thesis and it got published by the university we would have had to sign over all the IP to the university! Our chap was then told that without a work related project he wouldn't get his masters.

Last edited by a moderator:
well, if you peeked into the cupboard under the stairs you will see that these two clowns have sabotaged the Imidacloprid thread (with nothing of worth being discussed) to gang up on another in some kind of academic d!ck waving contest, unfortunately the target is a wee bit cleverer than they so maybe they've crept back here for security - after all, we here know they're the biggest d!cks :D

not worthy

Not cleverer - just a different life experience.

University intellectual copyrights are public domain...not for profit.
Industrial privately funded research is essentially for profit.
Depends on whether your intention with your invention was to make a profit from saving peoples lives or allowing people to save lives for free.
If you had it patented then it shouldn't have been a problem, the universities can't (nor would wnat to) breach your patent, but the details would have essentially been published in your guys thesis and so essentially in the public domain.
The point of academic research is that the results are available publicly.
So if you didn't let him fulfill the course requirements then I wouldn't blame the universities for failing him.

University intellectual copyrights are public domain...not for profit.
Industrial privately funded research is essentially for profit.
Depends on whether your intention with your invention was to make a profit from saving peoples lives or allowing people to save lives for free.
If you had it patented then it shouldn't have been a problem, the universities can't (nor would wnat to) breach your patent, but the details would have essentially been published in your guys thesis and so essentially in the public domain.
The point of academic research is that the results are available publicly.
So if you didn't let him fulfill the course requirements then I wouldn't blame the universities for failing him.

Reminds me a bit of the propagandists that were employed by the former USSR. I assume that you don't get paid or that you gifted your academic salary to pay the tuition fees of at least some of your students?

And seeing as you weren't a party to the discussions who are you to say what went down?

For the record we constructed an artificial project which cost a fortune so that our chap could finish his masters.

roll on weekly inspections lol

Reminds me a bit of the propagandists that were employed by the former USSR. I assume that you don't get paid or that you gifted your academic salary to pay the tuition fees of at least some of your students?

And seeing as you weren't a party to the discussions who are you to say what went down?

For the record we constructed an artificial project which cost a fortune so that our chap could finish his masters.[/QUOTE

So I take it you did intend to make a profit from saving lives i.e Industrial research.
Nowt wrong with that as long as it's done openly.
The whole point of university intellectual copyright is to ensure that if they (academic university research) discovered (for example) THe cure for ALL cancers it becomes public knowledge, not a copyright held by a company whose sole aim is profit. Naturally many companies try to take advantage of the universities education system. And if it was industrial research that discovered the cure, they + shareholders would get very rich.
Nowt wrong with that either. It's life.
After all it's what your company was doing.

So I take it you did intend to make a profit from saving lives i.e Industrial research.
Nowt wrong with that as long as it's done openly.
The whole point of university intellectual copyright is to ensure that if they (academic university research) discovered (for example) THe [... 'something important to mankind' ...] it becomes public knowledge, not a copyright held by a company whose sole aim is profit.

Sussex thinks differently!
Research projects funded by industrial organisations, charities, research councils or the like recognise the importance of generating intellectual property and obtaining IP rights to optimise the use of research outputs for public and commercial benefit.

Just as I thought. You have none but you have a computer and know how to use it.

Yep ... Guess it takes one to know one ?

I'm stopping feeding these two now .. their assumptions about some people on this forum are about as flawed as their views of some research and academia in general

Why can't you guys just argue, debate, or discuss whatever it is, without resorting to personal insults, profanity and nasty accusations, would be so easy to do, and much less culling for Admin or me to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back