Witch extractor handle is best

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to get a small Extractor ( 3 or 4 frame ). Which is better, side handle or top handle.

Mines a side handle and it's ok. One of my association members commented that a top handle was an obstruction but I haven't used one so cant comment. As to the best kind of handle I suggest one being turned by a willing slave :)

Most hand operated devices have side handles for ease of use, tried and tested over the industrial revolution, I can't see any advantage of having a top handle.

We borrowed an extractor witha side handle...it was fine...apart from it falling off lots of times! We recently bought a 4 frame extractor with a top handle. The mechanism is more direct...it turns really easily. Hopefully, we will get to use it this year. The brackets inside are arranged so you can do 4 normal super frames or 2 larger frames...so hope we have got it covered. We even extracted foundationless frames last year too...without any breakages ...brilliant.

We borrowed an extractor witha side handle...it was fine...apart from it falling off lots of times! We recently bought a 4 frame extractor with a top handle. The mechanism is more direct...it turns really easily. Hopefully, we will get to use it this year. The brackets inside are arranged so you can do 4 normal super frames or 2 larger frames...so hope we have got it covered. We even extracted foundationless frames last year too...without any breakages ...brilliant.

I must have a similar extractor, had no problems with it, and is easy to use. Have used side handle model in USA again no problems, Sorry this is a neutral response but both systems are OK.

I want to get a small Extractor ( 3 or 4 frame ). Which is better, side handle or top handle.

I have a brand new 3 frame extractor for sale , unused bought last year , i recently purchased a bigger one recently so dont need this now, if you are interested just message me.

I have a brand new 3 frame extractor for sale , unused bought last year , i recently purchased a bigger one recently so dont need this now, if you are interested just message me.

Postage could be prohibitive... I just forked out £9.85 to get a capacitor ( size of a BZ cage) posted from USA... capacitor was £4.50

(not stocked by RS or Maplin... for a US made 2 stroke 0.75kW generator)

side handle for me ( but now gone motorised )

Yeghes da

Postage could be prohibitive... I just forked out £9.85 to get a capacitor ( size of a BZ cage) posted from USA... capacitor was £4.50

(not stocked by RS or Maplin... for a US made 2 stroke 0.75kW generator)

Yeghes da

If you need parts in future try the following first

http://generatorguru.co.uk

I have a 2 stroke 0.75 kva and have bought bits from them..

Mike

Mike[/QUO

Thanks... useful site, found main service agent is but 3 miles from me in Kelliwick!

Price on the website was same inc P&P from USA.... but next time I may be able to save a lot if time!

:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:
(SIP Medusa T951 0.75KW owner)

Won't run big Bosch hammer drill... new fence around orchard apiary... capacitor exploded!

Yeghes da

can recommend generatorguru, have used them a couple of times in the past for parts and they've always been competitive prices and quick delivery for me.

Mike[/QUO

Thanks... useful site, found main service agent is but 3 miles from me in Kelliwick!

Price on the website was same inc P&P from USA.... but next time I may be able to save a lot if time!

:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:
(SIP Medusa T951 0.75KW owner)

Won't run big Bosch hammer drill... new fence around orchard apiary... capacitor exploded!
Yeghes da

I have a 6.5KVA diesel gen for that sort of tool!!!, The 0.75 will not even run a 4 1/2" angle grinder.

I have a 6.5KVA diesel gen for that sort of tool!!!, The 0.75 will not even run a 4 1/2" angle grinder.

I bought the little beastie to run lights for our produce selling set up
But has been left at the back of the shed as LED lighting will run all day from a 12 leisure battery

Has been useful for keeping egg incubators going when Western Power cut us off for days on end!

Yeghes da

Forget manual ones.... Buy a motor driven. I have a four frame and let it run at least 10min to get really all honey out. Imagine you crank it... Almost 30 min per super

Forget manual ones.... Buy a motor driven. I have a four frame and let it run at least 10min to get really all honey out. Imagine you crank it... Almost 30 min per super

So?

What we need in our mollycoddled existence is more exercise...:serenade:

Cranking a honey extractor let you look like Popeye.

Latest posts

Back