Winter insulation?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can even wrap your hives in tar paper, seems to work for hives in colder winters than ours.

Brother Adam never insulated his hives and found that insulation slowed down spring growth of a colony.

Just two different approaches

Br Adam kept bees on the British Virgin Islands, winter-conditions wise ( exaggerating slightly).

Made more time consuming because some people find the need to go and poke about in the hive every few days, because they are worried that they are starving because it rained yesterday.

How does one become qualified?

you need to take dancing and flying lessons first

sorry you missed a trip jbm, but what better reason to stay home? She sounds delightful - does she have a name yet?

The dog's name is Twts (because she's so dwt) ,no it was SWMBO that was meant to go to Phelisanong, I'd identified a need for a manager to go in and sort their accounting and general administration out, she was all set to go when this little bit of nonsense with their prime minister happened (storm in a teacup, was happening when I was there, when i went to see the forestry minister there were armed troops crawling all over the building) so they wouldn't leave her go out into the sticks (safest place to be really) so she's at an orphanage in Uganda now not doing as much good as she had hoped to (but i have had orders to collexct some money up to buy all the kids new shoes!)
Maybe next year when my new job has settled a bit I can find some funding to go out again (no luck so far - they expect all the volunteers to pay their own way to go out there)

... about a year old and tiny (even for a miniature dachsund) and is already suffering from separation anxiety thus when I'm not working (she senses when I'm on the laptop I'm busy) she finds her way on to my lap using one arm as a cushion so I have to type one handed !

Bit like your former employers then? :)

Latest posts

Back