Why do you keep Bees?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know - i was just chuckling at your rant about abbreviations and then you go and use them! :D

Locally, shop assistants (or whatever we are allowed to call them now) have dispensed with the word 'please' when they quote how much you owe at the checkout, instead it's 'okay' as in 'that'll be £10.52p okay?' so in future will please and thankyou be replaced by Okay and Ta? F I I K!!:eek:

F I I K!!:eek:

I had to look that one up and grumpy too.
Hmm.

I was told off by a shop assistant/till person/checkout lady for not having cut out round the coupons I had printed.
'Look it's got scissors on to show you were to cut. They don't allow us scissors you know.'
It wasn't like I'd printed them on something that couldn't have been folded up!

I know - i was just chuckling at your rant about abbreviations and then you go and use them! :D

Locally, shop assistants (or whatever we are allowed to call them now) have dispensed with the word 'please' when they quote how much you owe at the checkout, instead it's 'okay' as in 'that'll be £10.52p okay?' so in future will please and thankyou be replaced by Okay and Ta? F I I K!!:eek:
It was done on purpose just my rather sick sense of humour, Bro
S

They don't allow us scissors you know.'
!

Nor any sharp implement I assume with the mental agility of some I've seen working the checkouts only crayons for writing and they probably have corks on the tines of the forks in the canteen in case they stab themselves in the eye whilst eating

QUOTE=jenkinsbrynmair;369260]Nor any sharp implement I assume with the mental agility of some I've seen working the checkouts only crayons for writing and they probably have corks on the tines of the forks in the canteen in case they stab themselves in the eye whilst eating[/QUOTE]

:leaving:[

A post office counter has just opened in my local 7-11 store ... the assistant was cutting up books of stamps with a pair of scissors (I don't know why ?) and kept me stood at the counter for ages whilst she finished her cutting up the books and counted them into a pile .... I think I'm getting old !

Why ??? Why ?? I felt like saying but the sign said 'Any abusive behaviour by our customers towards our staff will not be tolerated and will be reported'. So I just thought it and waited and waited and waited .... fortunately, we don't have the thought Police ... yet !

QUOTE=jenkinsbrynmair;369260]Nor any sharp implement I assume with the mental agility of some I've seen working the checkouts only crayons for writing and they probably have corks on the tines of the forks in the canteen in case they stab themselves in the eye whilst eating

:leaving:[

A post office counter has just opened in my local 7-11 store ... the assistant was cutting up books of stamps with a pair of scissors (I don't know why ?) and kept me stood at the counter for ages whilst she finished her cutting up the books and counted them into a pile .... I think I'm getting old !

Why ??? Why ?? I felt like saying but the sign said 'Any abusive behaviour by our customers towards our staff will not be tolerated and will be reported'. So I just thought it and waited and waited and waited .... fortunately, we don't have the thought Police ... yet ![/QUOTE]
:judge:
Presumably any abusive behaviour by staff can be reported too. It might be worth pointing that out next time you are kept waiting for no good reason.

Try taking a few eBay parcels to a Post office an absolute nightmare, no wonder they have all shut down

Try taking a few eBay parcels to a Post office an absolute nightmare, no wonder they have all shut down

Try my post office - it's great - I've popped in before now with over a hundred letter to post first class, leave them on the counter, cal in again in the afternoon and she's stamped them all up with a bill for me to pay. With ebayers there's an understanding ('cos one of them is a PITA with loads and loads of packages every time). They'll do a few, then serve one or two other customers, do a few more, and so on. Everybody understands, as it's a small post office, you have to wait a little while but everyone gets treated fairly, and there's good banter. And when poor Dafydd comes in to pick up his and his mother's pension (a bit older than me but hasn't progressed much since primary school shall we say) everyone pretends to be deaf when he shouts out his PIN number at the top of his voice to prove he hasn't forgotten it.:D

Yep the old village PO is a far friendlier place to be. I now have a on-line Royal mail account cheaper and hassle free.

Yep the old village PO is a far friendlier place to be. I now have a on-line Royal mail account cheaper and hassle free.

i toyed with the idea - but it's not really fair on the postmistress having to handly all my parcels but not getting any benefit/profit out of it

My Royal mail account is a small business account, I weigh in bulk and pay for the bulk, pop them into a grey mail bag and RM will pick them up or I will pop them over the counter in the sorting office on the way to work

My Royal mail account is a small business account, I weigh in bulk and pay for the bulk, pop them into a grey mail bag and RM will pick them up or I will pop them over the counter in the sorting office on the way to work

Been looking into one of those accounts..

Been looking into one of those accounts..
but I'm looking forward to when I can go to the counter, stuff my card in the machine and say.

"awlofit"

Try my post office - it's great - I've popped in before now with over a hundred letter to post first class, leave them on the counter, cal in again in the afternoon and she's stamped them all up with a bill for me to pay. With ebayers there's an understanding ('cos one of them is a PITA with loads and loads of packages every time). They'll do a few, then serve one or two other customers, do a few more, and so on. Everybody understands, as it's a small post office, you have to wait a little while but everyone gets treated fairly, and there's good banter. And when poor Dafydd comes in to pick up his and his mother's pension (a bit older than me but hasn't progressed much since primary school shall we say) everyone pretends to be deaf when he shouts out his PIN number at the top of his voice to prove he hasn't forgotten it.:D

Yehh .. you see, that's what I miss ... Post offices that provide a real service and know you by name, Bank managers that remember your face and shop assistants that look interested in what you are buying and know something about what they are selling ... and have the ability to realise that, although the till says you owe them £9.87 actually what you have bought is only £3.87 and they have pressed the wrong button ... Like I said earlier, I am getting old !!

i thought beekeeping would be a relaxing hobby.

Back in 2009 after i saw "the bee movie" and was fascinated
in 2010 i went to Heaton Park and they had a Bee Apiery there and was really good.
in 2011 i did the training and really enjoyed it.
2011/12 i been researching reading watching learning then....
in 2013 i thought "lets do this"

over all that time from it being a hobby i had new motivation to do beekeeping, my Girlfriend got colitis and we read up that honey is also good to take to help colitis.

so i thought to kill 2 birds with one stone... help the bee's and help people with colitis.

A couple of years ago I was driving over the Brecon Beacons and I heard a splat on the windscreen. I stopped the car to have a look and there was this honey bee. I picked her up, dusted her off and put her on the verge, on a dandelion. Then to my surprise she said " Thanks mister! most people just wipe me off with the wipers and drive on." I was aghast, she then said if you ever need any help in future just call " honey bee, honey bee help me please" and I'll come flying, and off she went. Well I stopped drinking and eating funny cheese for a few weeks. Then, that same summer, I was driving across the same stretch when the car ground to a halt, I couldn't get it to start. Then I remembered the honey bee and called out, " honey bee, honey bee help me please". Soon she arrived and asked what the problem was, I explained and she told me to open the fuel cap. She whistled, only as bees can : ) and suddenly thousands of bees arrived and flew down into the tank. She told me to check the gauge and as I watched the level rose and rose! soon it was full!! I said to her, that's amazing how did you manage to do that. She said " Have you never heard of BP before".:icon_204-2:

And the rest is history, love the little darlings.:icon_204-2::icon_204-2:

Latest posts

Back