Who left BBKA and survived?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Appears to include insurance by what is written on the website.

Full Members shall be entitled to the following privileges and

benefits:- ·

To attend and vote at the Annual General Meeting and at Extraordinary General Meetings ·
To attend all meetings and events arranged by the Association for members ·
To receive a copy of the Year Book of the Association ·
To borrow books from the Association's library ·
To take part in the trading schemes run by the Association ·
To participate in the third party insurance cover as arranged by the Association to indemnify its members against sums that they may become legally liable to pay as compensation in respect of injury to any person or damage to property arising from a beekeeping accident

Hi All,

I don't see why any bee keeper needs to be assicated with any governing body, association etc etc. There are 1000's of bee keepers right across the British Isles who have never been a member of anything and probably will not be a member of anything. So why does the BBKA instigate themselves as the keepers (protectors) of bee keeping when there are a large numbers of bee keepers standing on their own two feet needing no one.

So in my opinion it is narrow minded for anyone or numbers of persons to feel they are compelled to be part of something when there is really no need. These Governing Boards always lend themselves to be influenced by politics, money and corruption, leaving grass roots to comply or get out. The more independantly run local associations in the Bee Keeping Sector the better for everyone, meaning the less likely of national intrusiveness and the greater level of sucess.

My thoughts only

Busy Bee

Latest posts

Back