Which suits do i go for

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thornes did have some extra large white ones going cheap last week.

Are these the ones you refere to ?

Occassional Jacket & Veil, Cotton, Large Size Only. Special Offer £5.00

@ £5 I think I will try one

occassionalveil.jpg

update

I have just ordered one of these. Will be good to keep in the car for occasional use, or emergency swarm collection when at work!

Just received it it the post and for what I paid for it I am very pleased with it:cheers2:

I might post a pic of me wearing it:puke:

I started with a Full suit but when the veil caught on a bramble bush I bought a Jacket as my backup and loved it. Suits my kind of beekeeping being able to throuw the jacket on without messing about with zips.....However, bending over tends to expose jeans tops and pockets also hold a fascination for bees so I bought the trousers as well.

Problem is, I'm not exactly a small guy and while an XL top is great, the XL trousers tend to be a bit tight -- does anyone know of a supplier of pocketless high waisted mens trousers in XXL - preferably white but anything but pink would be acceptable ?

does anyone know of a supplier of pocketless high waisted mens trousers in XXL - preferably white but anything but pink would be acceptable ?

I have the same problem. Bought a pair of decorators overalls from a company called Brookes I found on the internet. Wife cut off the top pocket to patch my Jacket and sewed up the trouser pockets. Worked great and still use it in emergencies. Cost about £10.

I bet you look lovely in pink. All Bucks boys do!!!:cheers2:

I started with a Full suit but when the veil caught on a bramble bush I bought a Jacket as my backup and loved it. Suits my kind of beekeeping being able to throuw the jacket on without messing about with zips.....However, bending over tends to expose jeans tops and pockets also hold a fascination for bees so I bought the trousers as well.

Problem is, I'm not exactly a small guy and while an XL top is great, the XL trousers tend to be a bit tight -- does anyone know of a supplier of pocketless high waisted mens trousers in XXL - preferably white but anything but pink would be acceptable ?

I think I have a pair of Thornes XXL white trousers still in the wrapper.
I will check in the box for you.

Latest posts

Back