Where to buy Butter Muslin

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melon

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Can anybody tell me where to get butter muslin from for straining wax? I did used to buy it at Dunelm, but they never seem able to get it now. I think I have seen it in bee supply catalogues, but for too much money.

have you tried the bay of the e? I don't know how prices compare but the food and drink category has some

Thanks for your replies. I did check on the auction site, but quite expensive again. In the shop that used to stock it, it was £1.99 per m, which was very cheap. Will try catering suppliers. Thanks

I get a 1 sqm piece of 400 micron filter cloth for £2 from my local Apiary supplier.

White lint fluffy side up (patience is required ;)

VM

No, I haven't tried nappy liners. Are they any good, as no doubt they are easily available...but then again, perhaps not in this day and age of disposables?

Can anybody tell me where to get butter muslin from for straining wax? I did used to buy it at Dunelm, but they never seem able to get it now. I think I have seen it in bee supply catalogues, but for too much money.

I use the finest nylon mesh from a shop that sells net curtaining and general haberdashery and its brilliant and cheap.

"No, I haven't tried nappy liners. Are they any good, as no doubt they are easily available...but then again, perhaps not in this day and age of disposables?"

i haven't yet but our association matriarch swears by them.

and no, not as easy to get as one would hope - blank looks from shop assistants likely.

Latest posts

Back