when the revolution comes!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes it does now i am not in one, lol

heres a suggestion , idiots that go out to sea or on large fresh water lakes that dont have the proper kit or training,

so what about fitting 40mm canons to all the life boats as walls are hard to find at sea, if its a honest emergancy call they get help if its a complete plonker he gets blown out of the water there and then?????????????
:iagree:

idiots that go out to sea - Thats probably well over 50% of people sailing/motoring around coastal waters even 'proper' training doesn't seem to stop them being totally idiotic.

I remember years ago effecting a rescue of such a person south of Weymouth old wooden WWII air sea rescue launch, not really seaworthy struggling to make way in a 6 knot tide and taking in water (also insisting he was fine and didn't need help) we insisted he did and used our powers to board and put pumps on. The lifeboat duly turned up (after a long discussion with us on their private channel) and 'accidentally' misjudged their aproach and rammed and holed the launch which they duly towed away and beached in a sheltered spot - problem solved :)

I always snipe .. Only way to go...
Not always the only way. For a 'quiet' category, say out of season or inherently low turnover it's often worth making the first bid. there are many items that get no more bidders. I know, I've sold a few :rolleyes:.

Not always the only way. For a 'quiet' category, say out of season or inherently low turnover it's often worth making the first bid. there are many items that get no more bidders. I know, I've sold a few :rolleyes:.

I will bid initially at the opening price . But after that I never bid again...I have occasionally won things at the original listing price.. and subsequently regretted buying them.. unwanted for a good reason...:eek:

:iagree:

idiots that go out to sea - Thats probably well over 50% of people sailing/motoring around coastal waters even 'proper' training doesn't seem to stop them being totally idiotic.

I remember years ago effecting a rescue of such a person south of Weymouth old wooden WWII air sea rescue launch, not really seaworthy struggling to make way in a 6 knot tide and taking in water (also insisting he was fine and didn't need help) we insisted he did and used our powers to board and put pumps on. The lifeboat duly turned up (after a long discussion with us on their private channel) and 'accidentally' misjudged their aproach and rammed and holed the launch which they duly towed away and beached in a sheltered spot - problem solved :)

Sounds like unlawful arrest!.

Man out pottering about in his favourite old tub......big fancy launch arrives full of well meaning boys swigging Badger Champion ...... WE'RE GOING TO EFFECT A RESCUE SIRRR........ Excuse me........ A RESCUE ...... YOU NEED TO BE RESCUED SIRRR........I'm alright thank you very much, I'm just out for the day ......... OK, BOARDING PARTAAY AND CALL REINFORCEMENTS...... @#$%£&^*~# Sounds of struggle @?#*&^%........finally person to be rescued is subdued and brought to shore and boat is scuttled for good measure ....... :eek:

Man out pottering about in his favourite old tub......big fancy launch arrives full of well meaning boys swigging Badger Champion ...... WE'RE GOING TO EFFECT A RESCUE SIRRR........ Excuse me........ A RESCUE ...... YOU NEED TO BE RESCUED SIRRR........I'm alright thank you very much, I'm just out for the day ......... OK, BOARDING PARTAAY AND CALL REINFORCEMENTS...... @#$%£&^*~# Sounds of struggle @?#*&^%........finally person to be rescued is subdued and brought to shore and boat is scuttled for good measure ....... :eek:

:rofl:

How did you get hold of one of our training manuals? it's covered by the official secrets act dontcha know!

Once proof read a witness statement from a training exercise we had to help 'the boys in black' (SBS) survive a court appearance if they were helping us on a drugs job. Statement read 'I helped the suspect to the ground and restrained him before a Customs officer applied handcuffs' - actual event - great big hairy balaclaved armed hooligan fast roped from a helicopter onto yacht waved Browning in face then booted suspect to the ground with a size 11 to the small of the back :eek:. Then applied same aforementioned boot to left year of prone suspect shouting 'hands behind the back - yer nicked mate!:D The officer playing the suspect no longer volunteers for role playing!!

Ah those were the days - when we worked nights.

How did you get hold of one of our training manuals? it's covered by the official secrets act dontcha know!

Once proof read a witness statement from a training exercise we had to help 'the boys in black' (SBS) survive a court appearance if they were helping us on a drugs job. Statement read 'I helped the suspect to the ground and restrained him before a Customs officer applied handcuffs' - actual event - great big hairy balaclaved armed hooligan fast roped from a helicopter onto yacht waved Browning in face then booted suspect to the ground with a size 11 to the small of the back :eek:. Then applied same aforementioned boot to left year of prone suspect shouting 'hands behind the back - yer nicked mate!:D The officer playing the suspect no longer volunteers for role playing!!

Ah those were the days - when we worked nights.

This must be where the tough men hang ...... I'm off back to the neonic thread where they have a bit of breeding. BTW I have some Badger GC en route from drinkstore.ie. :cheers2:

people who drive around with thier fog lights on, when not foggy... no. it is not 'cool'

people who smoke cigarettes whilst driving who throw their cigarette butts out of the window. (most cars have ash trays these days!)

people who smoke cigarettes while driving

people who smoke cigarettes

people

anti people people.:coolgleamA:

Again - why make an opening bid and then allow 7-10 days for someone to beat you - bid/snipe at the end and they cannot respond...

R2
I have no connection with eBay or Auctionsniper

Again - why make an opening bid and then allow 7-10 days for someone to beat you - bid/snipe at the end and they cannot respond...
I know some see sniping as a 'cheat'. I think it has a place as one of several bidding strategies but not always the only option.

Some commercial sellers list in separate auctions spaced at daily intervals, most see an active auction and go for a respectable price. But there are often a few that for whatever reason don't get more than a single bid. Obviously not for 'must have' buying but get in early and you might see a bargain.

I sold a CRT TV for an elderly relative, one of the last FST models and hardly used. Chap who bought it put starting bids on all the decent TVs listed in the area. From what I gather he was supplying buy to let agents; he collected enough for his needs for 99p. I was just trying to avoid it ending as landfill (I tried freecycle first, but no response).

Going back to the original mention of auctions. There's automated sniping and bidders only following those ending in a few minutes. For high demand items, nothing for days then bids going in late is just the way they work.

I use bid groups on regularly repeated items - this is a feature of Auctionsniper - you set a max on any number of items and it'll keep trying until you win one (or more if you specify more) of them.

You're right - some see sniping as cheating but as soon as you realise that eBay is not the same as a traditional auction and play the system then it works for you.

R2

People who shoot should be shot.

1. Michael O'Leary (as in RyanAir)
2. Jordan (as in Katie Price)
3. Piers Morgan (as in arrogant little tw@)
4. Steve Wright (as in the whiney DJ)

Latest posts

Back