What's flowering as forage in your area

• Thread starter Curly green fingers
  • Start date
Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ivy honey is really unusual but very nice, not sure why it gets so much disapproval.

Since the posts about Mimosa yesterday there is a listing on ebay with 6 sales all made today, wonder if all are down to this thread?

I ordered a few winter plants as when I was in the apiary today I noticed for the first time the bees were flying well but any that had pollen didnt have overly much so hoping crocus, mahonia, mimosa will help in the coming years. Did consider some Helleborus but not sure what variety would be best.

I don't think it really matters what variety you choose I've seen bee's on all of them..
Yesterday for me there was alot of white pollen going into the hives , there's black thorn flowering about half a mile away could it be this anyone know?? Also hazel , crocus , gorse, and mahonia pollen , pollen baskets were very full and they were very busy indeed, got my first sting on the neck no reaction thankfully .

They don't like the wind that's for sure!

Whatever this is. Spotted it while out walking today. Lots of bees on it. About a mile from my hives so technically possible they were mine.

a7b0573970e964959c654c37815bfe42.jpg

8e4cd235baad3fd00338e6c2e27e97a5.jpg

cbce48f56b856766afb15f7e539b64fd.jpg

84be71a5f805d92bd3c4efefcba216c5.jpg

dfa4ae8bc44b20bbb4dac5dd635785d8.jpg

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I thought it was blackthorn, plenty of cherry round me atm as well

Looks very much like Damson.... I saw some out on the roadside on Friday... went down bottom of my garden as I have a full hedge of it but mine will be a long time before there out yet, very tight buds....

Enlighten Thee..is it those shite pink petaled things that the wind blows everywhere which are a pain in the arse..or is it the Natural Wild cherry with no such drama ..?

That will be those pink 1s then

Our cherry plum which can be wild or cultivated is in full flower. Looks like that. Will try and get a photo
The fruit is amazing small plums that explode with sweet flavour. You never find them in the shops. They are often incorporated in wild hedging
E

Really warm and sunny today with lots of workers working the Hellabores. 1st Frog spawn of the season has appeared in my pond (never known it this early before).

Attachments

• HB Hellabore .JPG
    HB Hellabore .JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 24

Latest posts

Back