What should my mead taste like?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just bottled my first batch, tastes lovely not to sweet or dry, my wife loves it which is the most important thing, I will try to keep a bottle or 2 for a competition
Can't really describe what it smells like but it tastes like a sort of brandy and leaves a warming feeling

Just bottled my first batch, tastes lovely not to sweet or dry, my wife loves it which is the most important thing, I will try to keep a bottle or 2 for a competition
Can't really describe what it smells like but it tastes like a sort of brandy and leaves a warming feeling

Slivovitz is "a sort of brandy" which cleans drains better than domestos...

Hopefully yours is more of an armagnac :seeya::seeya:

I would say mine is more like Grappa at the moment really rough haha

nope its from that side but just the really cheap stuff with no age. haha

You must drink the wrong grappa.

Ahhh Grappa....
I remember the last time I drank Grappa....
a warm evening in Rimini, just finished a nice meal and thought: "I could just handle a Grappa to finish this off"......

The waiter insisted that Mrs Drew and the girls should have something as well.... So provided glasses of ice cold Lemoncello.....
Which they didn't like so MADE me drink because they didn't want to seem rude.....
Then the waiter produced another 1/2 bottle and insisted we must have it (the bill had actually been settled before the Grappa was served).... So I HAD to drink that too....

I haven't had grappa since cos I don't remember getting back to the hotel and it gave me a headache in the morning......

Grappa - drink of the devil!!! ;-)

never had grappa at anytime other than as an early morning pre boar hunt warmer.

limoncello however - OH and I used to work our way through significant quantities of the freeby bottle at our regular restaurant haunt before OH was diagnosed with coeliac and eating out had to stop (not that it was a frequent occurrence anyway).

Any one got a recipe for someone who's never made home made mead, wine etc before....

Slivovitz is "a sort of brandy" which cleans drains better than domestos...

Hopefully yours is more of an armagnac :seeya::seeya:

Ahhh ... that brings back memories of Yugoslavia in 1966, sultry summer evenings sat on a rock on the 'beach' outside of Rijecka - still Tito in charge and all one country - we renamed Slivovitsz 'Rocket Fuel' ... almost undrinkable unless you could get it straight down your throat without touching anything else first ! Very potent though if you can stand the pain ...

Latest posts

Back