What is Hive Clear?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where did you get stung, kaz? :D

Lol, you all know what a wimp I am. All things considered, they probably weren't as bad as I make out. I've only ever seen them really polite, so yesterday was a bit of a lesson in what to expect sometimes.

I didn't get stung, but while I was putting the strips on ( and chanting " I don't like this, I don't like this " over and over ) I thought to myself.....this is where I get my first sting. Saying that, unless they begin to grow stings of more than 5 cm long, they have no chance of getting to me as I get more covered up the more inspections I do :p

Even before I took the strap off the hive I could hear them, which is really not like them. Now I know what people mean when they say they poured out of the hive. As soon as the super was removed we were innundated. They were bouncing off us. One of our group said they'd hold the strips on their foil packet so I could access them quickly without having to bend down, but she didn't have gloves on. The bees were attacking her hand, so she had to back out. I managed to finish and once put back together they calmed down quickly. No followers. Probably a mild reaction, but to me they were beasts from hell :p

Latest posts

Back