What did you do in the 'workshop' today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mopped and swept out the water from Storm Christophe that came into "my half" of the garage where ALL my bee equipment is stored. Luckily, most was on shelves, dollies, pallets and so didn't get horribly wet. This is the second time in two years that the water has come off the fields and found its way under the garage door.

My next birthday present is to have the garage floor re-levelled - so should it happen again, the incoming water doesn't congregate in one corner......

Mopped and swept out the water from Storm Christophe that came into "my half" of the garage where ALL my bee equipment is stored. Luckily, most was on shelves, dollies, pallets and so didn't get horribly wet. This is the second time in two years that the water has come off the fields and found its way under the garage door.

My next birthday present is to have the garage floor re-levelled - so should it happen again, the incoming water doesn't congregate in one corner......
You need a moat.

You need a moat.

Next door neighbour had that issue.

Building workds: BIG drain all along entrance leading to a deep sink hole full of stones..All water drains into that.

Not cheap.

It more of a case of what we are doing tomorrow.
Me and Alfie are making more frames up, finishing of the home made deap roofs made out of 6x1 gravel boards, making some more ekes and floors like this one. IMG_20180201_090825.jpg

Had to rewire the lighting circuit in my bee shed today as Storm Christophe decided to get some water into the shed wall/roof which keeps tripping the circuit breaker.
Took the opertunity to put a couple more 10w LED floods in to the curcuit.

Turned 4 pew seat backs form a closed Methodist chapel into a shelving to store bee stuff. Lovely wood. Pity it's all varnished.
Hive stands next.
(Snowing heavily so outside is a nogo area again.)

Well today was split in half - filling painted poly supers with frames and making more brood frames as I unearthed a stack of nucleus brood box extensions from the back of the shed - and clearing out the truck ready for it's service tomorrow.

How on earth did I accumulate an entire bin bag of rubbish in it ? all sorts - paper, card, plastic, empty squash bottles, empty varroa medicine packages, used strips, and all sorts in between.

Ended up brushing the carpet out which looked half decent afterwards before heading home as I couldn't feel my hands - it was snowing hard on the hill.

KR

S

We were dumping some old dining chairs but like most on here it seemed a shame to throw out some potential hive stands.
Chrome steel chair carcases, two lengths of 75x37 cedar and a quids worth of coach bolts and hey presto - a double hive stand!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2277.JPG
    IMG_2277.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 56
We were dumping some old dining chairs but like most on here it seemed a shame to throw out some potential hive stands.
Chrome steel chair carcases, two lengths of 75x37 cedar and a quids worth of coach bolts and hey presto - a double hive stand!!!!
Like it ... recycling and repurposing... saved from the scrap man ...😀

Painted a pallet cornish ware colours, added some eye bolts ready to strap down nuc towers this year

Attachments

• IMG-20210201-WA0009.jpeg
    IMG-20210201-WA0009.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 16
Made a handle fixing Jig for Commercial B/B's
Finished painting the last of the Home made Broad boxes
Made up Broad frames ready for wax when needed
Gave more thought to the layout of the workshop so a step closer

Bought and got running my new space heater....... SWMBO said it stinks and can smell it on the drive o_O

Cracking Neil

Now that isn't half bad that. Good thinking
Well I was looking at plastic boxes and steel ex ammo boxes etc but decided that since I had the timber this idea looked better and was a bit slicker!

Latest posts

Back