What did you do in the 'workshop' today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
entrance boxes strapped to the "trunks" just before foam cladding

17553590_706941836152996_4763978422613909883_n.jpg

I thought about that.
A job for some sort of cheap fibreoptic endoscope?

The construction of the entrance box allows the internal ramp to be removed by taking out the ramp wedge from the side opposite the entrance and thus provide access from the side opposite the entrance. This allows for feeding, camera or instrumentation packages. Access from the top or breaks in the insulation of the top would disturb the experiments, so a means of feeding and inspection from below had to be provided.

17434940_703319899848523_769269183571813680_o.jpg

17425114_703319349848578_7006750442803001441_n.jpg

Last edited:
And there's me thinking they were for smoking fish. You could get a nice salmon in there [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Two old Paynes 14x12 nucs with feeders taken out have been cleaned up, had OMF blocked off and have been painted inside with propolis for bait hives.
New Swienty brood painted and Stan has knocked up a box for a steam extractor for me. Busy day as it's been raining all day

Painted another poly 14x12brood box, made up three supers and bought wood to make 2 more floor. Forgot to buy wood for more roofs though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Looks amazeballs Derek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Side note: I wrapped my cosies in aluminium foil and painted last autumn. They now looks a bit weathered and have some else's peeling. Any ideas for a better outer layer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not 'my' workshop, but 10 more crownboards cut courtesy of BnQ - can never have too many

Remade my steam wax melter. This time i made sure it was completely covered in insulation and put the steam hole in the bottom not the top, under the mesh floor that catches all the crap. Made all the difference, got every bit of wax out and the floor was much easier to clean. It still had steam in an hour after turning it off. Then removed waggly bit and one bottom rail from all the frames, cleaned and stored them ready for use. Around that some wax moth grubs survived the steaming.......Still squirming even though they had been cooked!
E

Started a mating nuc from wood - Fat Beeman's plans (Youtube).
Diverted to gardening when sun came out.

Finally finished my five frame nucs, got three from an 8x4 sheet of ply.

Last edited:
Just knocked up 55 super frames in 3 hours. Hoping for a good year :)
c8afak

Latest posts

Back