What did you do in the 'workshop' today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Laid first block for the new workshop/ honey separating / bottling clean room!
Foundation slab and services have been in the ground for over a year......
Nos da

Rome wasn't built in a day but there again I wasn't on that job

:icon_204-2::icon_204-2::icon_204-2:

I have already scavenged the Timber windows and extra wide door ( just in case I go over to Langstroths!)... and I have the roof slates... came off Dartmoor Prison from a beekeepering contact in Princetown!

Mytten da

Finally completed:
4 Lang floors
4 Lang jumbo brood boxes
5 Lang supers.
4 Lang crown boards.

Roofs next (poly).

2 Lang poly (home built) jumbo nucs in progress.

Do use push sticks..:icon_204-2:

Don't worry i will do just that, i used to work with a old fellow many moons ago that cut his full thumb and finger of in a bad accident using one, he got them reattached but he had limited use out of them and they looked like crabs claws, i'm not a fan of such accidents and to top it of i don't like hospitals.. :D

Finally got round to fitting the metal frame runners in the 14x12 brood boxes I have made (Thornes metal runners are so much better the other I used), also made up 10 frames but didn't fit the wax, all ready to move some hive from National Brood boxes. Just got to get frame building now - only another 60 to go! lol

Well, not exactly in my workshop, but I took a run over to Chester to buy a new fruit press at a really good price - intending to use it for our apples and for getting out all that residue honey hiding in cappings etc.

When I got back home and unpacked it, I found out that it didn't contain a 'crank rod' for the screw, despite the fact I'd been told it was inside.
The guy offered to refund a bit when I rang him up, but I couldn't be arsed.

It's not the end of the world - but I do hate being taken for a ride. Hurts my pride!

Dusty

I'm sure you'll find a redundant crosier around somewhere :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You'll probably end up using one longer than the one provided.....that's what I did but then I'm not very strong!

Thank you. helpful advice.

I'm sure you'll find a redundant crosier around somewhere :)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They'll never give me the purple!
The face never really fitted in the establishment.
Didn't go to the right school or theological college.
Upset too many people.

Still it gives me ideas about what to do with the fruit press!

Dusty

Well that didn't work . Ha ha ha ! :) :) :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you. helpful advice.

They'll never give me the purple!
The face never really fitted in the establishment.
Didn't go to the right school or theological college.
Upset too many people.

Dusty

Fits with what I discovered in the commercial world ...

If you can't do it, teach it, if you can't teach it manage it, if you can't manage it - become a consultant !

Latest posts

Back