What did you do in the 'workshop' today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just completed my latest project a solar wax melter ,the door is a new double glazed unit where the the surveyor got the measurements wrong. And told my friend he could keep it, so he kindly gave to me .The angle of the solar wax melter is 35°to the horizontal to the ground ,the cabinet is mounted on a lazy Susan bearing allowing 360 ° rotation ,but not really needed for the position it's in at present .The wax when melted will pass through a varroa mesh to collect larger debris and strained through some J cloths ,All I need now is wax to melt and some long awaited sunshine .
John

My word, gas struts as well !
Looking very clean. . .for now.
Nice work.
:LOL:

I've been building a solar wax extractor, to take advantage of the heat of the Sun to melt down some of my old stuff. Not sure I'm going to get to use it this year though :D I have the main box built now, just need to add some supports and the glazing to finish it.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with all the reclaimed wax I have at the moment. I've posted before that swapping it for foundation or kit doesn't seem like that good a deal these days. I was thinking about making my own foundation and using it for starter strips, but actually I wonder if just a flat strip of wax without an embossed pattern would do the job. I reckon it might. Flat sheets would be much easier and faster to produce than embossed.

James

I've been building a solar wax extractor, to take advantage of the heat of the Sun to melt down some of my old stuff. Not sure I'm going to get to use it this year though :D I have the main box built now, just need to add some supports and the glazing to finish it.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with all the reclaimed wax I have at the moment. I've posted before that swapping it for foundation or kit doesn't seem like that good a deal these days. I was thinking about making my own foundation and using it for starter strips, but actually I wonder if just a flat strip of wax without an embossed pattern would do the job. I reckon it might. Flat sheets would be much easier and faster to produce than embossed.

James

Get a silicone mould/mold, around £20 Ebay or Temu. I was sceptical..but works well, it's quick, the foundation can be a bit thick, the bees love it. Cut into strips, or use trimmed to your frame size.

Latest posts

Back