What did you do in the 'workshop' today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stan’s been refurbishing an old WBC for me to put at the end of the drive as a garden ornament. I caught him blocking off the entrance ....... I’ve been rumbled :blush5:
I had to own up and he left it open :D

Stan’s been refurbishing an old WBC for me to put at the end of the drive as a garden ornament. I caught him blocking off the entrance ....... I’ve been rumbled :blush5:

I tried to convince 'er indoors that 5 of my 8 hives were intended as just garden ornaments and the fact that there were flying insects going in and out of them when she looked at them was pure coincidence ... Not sure she believed me ...

I revamped this 2 lift old WBC I got off Freecycle with an additional lift and had it sign written for £50. It's been worth its weight in gold as passers by see it and stop to buy honey.
(No one knows it's got a bait hive inside!) :)

Attachments

• IMG_31209.jpg
    IMG_31209.jpg
    643.7 KB · Views: 54
Been busy making up an insulated long hive - work in progress. All from scrap materials except for the cut to size ply. I'll try and get some pics up .

How much??!!

The WBC needed a new roof which was about £15, the new timber about £5 & professional sign writing was £30.
The sales since I have had it have rocketed, yesterday a car stopped and 3 people got out who spent £10 each!. When I had a small standard sign no cars stopped only pedestrians.
In fact sales have been so good I will have sold all my 600lb crop before Xmas!

I revamped this 2 lift old WBC I got off Freecycle with an additional lift and had it sign written for £50. It's been worth its weight in gold as passers by see it and stop to buy honey.
(No one knows it's got a bait hive inside!) :)

That’s pretty good
Hmmmm we are not on a road but we are on a bridle path
I wonder?

That’s pretty good
I wonder?

Facebook Marketplace reaches LOTS AND :LOTS of people who want "natural,unprocessed and RAW" honey.. ##

I virtuially doubled sales over two years using it..One buyer ended up with well over £200 worth of honey...(I do not discount)

## the words in inverted commas seem to ring bells in the readers' minds and are well worth using (abusing?).

Facebook Marketplace reaches LOTS AND :LOTS of people who want "natural,unprocessed and RAW" honey.. ##

I virtuially doubled sales over two years using it..One buyer ended up with well over £200 worth of honey...(I do not discount)

## the words in inverted commas seem to ring bells in the readers' minds and are well worth using (abusing?).

Not here
People want one jar delivered twenty miles or posted free

The WBC needed a new roof which was about £15, the new timber about £5 & professional sign writing was £30.
The sales since I have had it have rocketed, yesterday a car stopped and 3 people got out who spent £10 each!. When I had a small standard sign no cars stopped only pedestrians.
In fact sales have been so good I will have sold all my 600lb crop before Xmas!

How much do you charge for your honey out of interest?

Insulated 'long' hive

Here's a few pics. I'm no carpenter -but it works.
Construction
picture.php

The interior
picture.php

Small exit/entrance 18mm - pipe to be cut off
picture.php

Underfloor entrance, large enough to accept a pan type vaporiser.
picture.php

Frames are deeper than they are wide
picture.php

Crikey, that's still ten quid a word.

But it's both sides of the hive!
It must have taken him 2 hours to prepare and write, what professions do you know that work for £15hr?

Here's a few pics. I'm no carpenter -but it works.
Construction
picture.php

The interior
picture.php

Small exit/entrance 18mm - pipe to be cut off
picture.php

Underfloor entrance, large enough to accept a pan type vaporiser.
picture.php

Frames are deeper than they are wide
picture.php

Nicely done Murox,
I'm just about to transfer a colony into mine, I'll try to put some more pics up now it's complete.

That’s pretty good
I wonder?

It's not a big road, more a lane at the edge of the village.
We sell a lot to walkers at the weekends. We have about 3 footpaths that converge within a few hundred yards of the house and the pub which is used by walkers 200yrds down the hill.

Latest posts

Back