What did you do in the Apiary today?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
19C Saturday. United two Apideas: one Q+, other Q- using aerosol spray. Moved the Q- one into Apidea super .
All OK this am but raining heavily

Nipping out to the village today to collect a couple of boxes of fondant from the local bakers. Just shows how much price gouging is going on - I’ve seen 12.5k boxes on line for nearly thirty quid 😱

I bought fondant at the honey show last year at a reasonable price - avoiding the carriage helps but can't remember the supplier's name. Will be there again this year - anyone on the forum going with a chance of meeting up and putting faces to names!

I will be carrying a heavy bag of medlars for @pargyle
...which is really helepful as I think I'm now down to the last couple of jars of last years medlar jelly ... I like it .. on a bit of toast or a croissant ... makes a change from honey or marmalade.

...which is really helepful as I think I'm now down to the last couple of jars of last years medlar jelly ... I like it .. on a bit of toast or a croissant ... makes a change from honey or marmalade.
The medlars and the cooking apple next door always do well and the crows leave them alone. All the pears have been stolen. The apples are netted and safe for now.
Wasps are starting on the grapes in the tunnel.

The medlars and the cooking apple next door always do well and the crows leave them alone. All the pears have been stolen. The apples are netted and safe for now.
Wasps are starting on the grapes in the tunnel.
What or who would want to eat a medlar ...just the look of them would put anyone off ! No wonder the French name for them is Cul de Chien. It makes you wonder how nature managed to evolve such a fruit and what mechanism the tree has for spreading it's population far and wide. Or perhaps .. in the past ...there were medlar eating creatures that were obviously blind ...

And who in their right mind was the first person to stick a spoon into a well bletted medar and declare it was worth eating ?

Latest posts

Back