What did you do in the Apiary today?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Second round of vaping done today, bright orange,yellow and creamy white pollen going into the hives i vaped.
Moving colony’s over the next few days.
Traveled upto north Shropshire yesterday to inspect a friends hives.
Second round for me today too. Also more feeding of the light colonies.

Bit of a boomarang year this year last inspection the hives were very low on stores today they were pretty full.plenty of ivy in flower with us but they seem to be all over the weeds growing in my garden dead nettle I think. Worst inspection of the year all the hives were really stroppy lucky I didnt need to do a full inspection.

Yes .. Ivy here is the same - a few tight buds. Very little in blossom this week of any note around me - they are flying and some pollen coming in but not much nectar by the look of the landing board,
Ditto. All hives and nucs are light on stores so they all had a good feed of heavy syrup this week. The only heavy hive is a double brood with the top box weighing a ton!

Second round for me today too. Also more feeding of the light colonies.
No feeding for me luckily par a few mini nucs - by the weight of the colony’s over this week from the ivy flow which in most places is in full swing.
Me and the guys have just been out to heft some nucs and in three days they have put on considerable weight surprising really.
I don’t have any doubles this year but my mates top boxes were heavy to lift.
I hope the ivy kicks in a bit for you 🙂

Ditto. All hives and nucs are light on stores so they all had a good feed of heavy syrup this week. The only heavy hive is a double brood with the top box weighing a ton!
I have one like that - out of five….
They are all double brood, the heavy one never got the hang of storing honey in the supers!

No, Paul Davies, lives not too far from me, his kids went to school with my sister's kids, his missus works in the media industry so knows people I knew when I was acting, he was a teacher for some time then did a bit of backpacking and now has a smallholding with a small vineyard!
That's an interesting bit, when you were acting?

What programmes or theatre?
theatre mostly - Brecht's caucasian chalk circle in the Sherman in 1983, touring War and peace with Cwmni Theatr yr Urdd, Toby Belch in Twelfth night, I played the narrator in a Welsh version of Thornton Wilder's 'our town' to launch the Urdd Drama festival in 1987 I think, The Winslow boy and others are just a blur now - that was a diffferent life.

Watched a bit of this today.

Attachments

• 11896556_1079781562039496_1526440361843485504_o.jpg
    11896556_1079781562039496_1526440361843485504_o.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back