What did you do in the Apiary today?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to the association apiary (jeep fixed at last, now need to up honey production next season to pay the bill!!) and took of all Apiguard ekes (including the freal beekeeper's three hives of turbopsychonutterb*stard bees!!) and put feeders on my and association hives.
Went back to home apiary to sort out the last hive - feeder on and bees dragging the stuff down. Noticed that one hive has slowed down/stopped taking syrup so i asssume stored up (just my luck, only topped the feeder up yesterday so a right PITA job getting that off!!) Even though weather not that good here apiaryies are just abuzz with clouds of bees bringing in pollen. Just closed up and put the kettle on (did I mention I like tea?) when the rain started

Returned from Cumbria and admired all my hives flying in the rain and returning with 2 types of white and one bright yellow pollen. They're looking good and many are beyond hefting weight; look forward to spring harvest.

Not at the apiary. Didn't buy any bargain broods or supers at thornes cos everyone else got there first.

Not at the apiary. Didn't buy any bargain broods or supers at thornes cos everyone else got there first.

There were very few, 10 packs of thirds broods, limited to 4 packs per person ,
And about 30 packs of thirds supers again limited to 4 per person.
We were there early about half 8 and was at the front of the queue.
My brother got a couple of supers and I got couple of broods so we divi'd up.
Probably could of got another couple but left them for others
Witnessed 2 chaps wrestling over a pack of broods.
One or two other bargain bits and home by one

Checked mite drop count on the colony I'm currently treating with Api Life Var.

Hefted, feed, hefted ,feed, hefted , no need to feed, hefted feed etc etc etc etc

think i've ricked my shoulder

Thornes today picked up pre order left the rest to fight over sales and went to two interesting discussions on Varroa and Beekeeping in Trinadad

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Something have to change on box, and had to transfer from one box to new one the brood. This colony still have one frame of open brood, not big area but.. Weather warm, bees out, sunny, one normal late august day, but it is late October when look at the calender...
Pic of that colony..

Bees all busy flying, so left them to it. Collected 2 kgs of sloes to use with some gin, and the sugar left over from feeding!:cheers2:

Took the feeders off and thats it now for the winter got my fingers crossed but think I have done all I can to assist the bees, Its down to them now, they were as busy today as I think I have seen them loads Of the yellow pollen going in...

Thornes today picked up pre order left the rest to fight over sales and went to two interesting discussions on Varroa and Beekeeping in Trinadad

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Ah, you listened to the Trinidadian guy... He was at our division on Thursday and gave us a brief overview... Was really interesting!

Ah, you listened to the Trinidadian guy... He was at our division on Thursday and gave us a brief overview... Was really interesting!

Yes, I get hot enough on a UK warm day in my suite, but wearing two suites, double gloved in 30 degrees C, that's serious managing africanized bees!

Latest posts

Back