What did you do in the Apiary today?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fine sight, VM.

The hives are ok too.

Should be wearing braces as well as a belt. Rocks on hive roofs as well as strapped down! A bit of over-kill for the unlikely event of the roof blowing off?

Fine sight, VM.

The hives are ok too.

Like the modest t-shirt.

Dusty.
Modest :D
A touch of irony from a long time ago :)
Beat the crap out of the husband of a niece of mine at his (Then New) game of trivial pursuit . First birthday after the event ,the tshirt arrived as a present :)
VM

Nothing today cept watching the endless rain and dreaming of better weather!

VM

Bees out between showers.
13.5 degrees here today.....crazy weather
Hefted all the boxes. All more or less the same as six weeks ago except one light.

Did OA on 42 hives today with the aid of my brother and a fishing brolly.
My 19 followed by a mini tour of West Norfolk doing 5 other beekeepers hives.
Most were clustered and the crown boards were up less than a minute.

Pete D

It is 10 degrees here, dry with a spot of blue sky every now and then. The bees are flying! :sunning:

checked my hive today,(this is my first year) 10c no bees out but hive is in shade hefted hive but not to sure of weight so put fondant on seems to be plenty of bees buzzing so fingers crossed and roll on spring.

Oxalic acid on my two hives all done and dusted was packed every frame with seems of bees still good to see. Also gave them their xmas present of 3kg fondant, they may not need it but as its my first winter want to make sure they have enough food.

:nono:
Shouldn't you have been doing Midnight Mass or something...

Around 9pm in recent times but when I was a child midnight mass started at, as on the tin, midnight. This was great fun because the pub goers, who were compensating for the clerical ban on christmas day, arrived directly from the pub in various states of reduced composure......Think sombre athmosphere, periods of silence, navigation to and from alter, toilet breaks etc ..Well worth the ticket price :xmas-smiley-016::lurk5:

Last edited:
bees well flying around my shed and straight to my drain where the hose is must want water for stores and had a quick half hour in shed made one roof

Did Oxalic acid treatment on seven colonies and confirmed one hadn't made it out of the end of summer.

Helped two other newbies with their OA treatment and passed the bottle on to the next guy in my area.

All ready for the new year, now.

Went and applied Oxalic Acid for the first time in 5 years and the bees did not appreciate it. It was reasonably warm for the time of year and the bees took to the air and targeted me. One thing to come out of the exercise was at this time of year all the hives are strong despite my worries over a couple but I will be happy to go back to not using OA in the future.

:nono:
Shouldn't you have been doing Midnight Mass or something...

'Twas the Cathedral Carol service last night - the solos (from two of our girl chorister) were just stunningly lovely. But we do have one of the best cathedral choirs in the country, here in Manchester.

Then back to take the 'earlies' the morning.
I was tempted to offer special prayers for beekeepers
- that they might all agree amicably with one another,
- in particular for a Certain Beekeepers' Organisation,
- and purveyors of neonicotinoids
- but decided I'd probably be struck down.

Dusty.

'Twas the Cathedral Carol service last night - the solos (from two of our girl chorister) were just stunningly lovely. But we do have one of the best cathedral choirs in the country, here in Manchester.

Dusty.

I know about miracles but...... now you are stretching it!!

Dusty.

:icon_204-2:

Latest posts

Back