What did you do in the Apiary today?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve seen pictures of bees foraging in chicken feed. Looking for protein?
Particularly in areas short on forage they have been known to frequent feeders and in particular nuts or at least the dust, they’ve also be known to collect a leaf fungus.

That's not good for you Goran ... it's very late for snowfall of that size where you are ... spring is normally well on the way except for up in the mountains. Hopefully it will thaw quickly and the temperatures rise.

Haven't you got Cornus on the cusp of blooming? I hope there flower buds are OK
Yes, but now are under the snow.. One of our cornus which is older than 12 years is torn in the middle.. Will have to cut it when snow is gone.. One oldie pear ( more than 70 years) is also down, but it was previous fragile.. I have grafted one new from it before, now growing nicely..
Few days before we pruned our peaches and still some branches were broken now. If we didn't prune it would be worse.. Some half of the hazels we pruned, somewhat they seams to bear the weight of snow..
The road to property is with barriers of bent/broken branches or trees. We did partially removing it to can get through..

That's not good for you Goran ... it's very late for snowfall of that size where you are ... spring is normally well on the way except for up in the mountains. Hopefully it will thaw quickly and the temperatures rise.
I think till Thursday it will all be gone.. Now will go " river" down the road.. How is it going.. for Xmass we were having t-shirts and for Easter will carry coats..
Not just the people went crazy, the nature also gone to hell.. Nothing good is coming this year as it seems..

That's awful Moobee, my heart goes out to you.

I know it doesnt make it any easier but they were clearly very well looked after and loved going by their photo - a lovely and happy little dog.
Thank you. She had the best life.

We lost Pip ourJRT a couple of years ago. At the time we didn't feel like replacing her but a couple of weeks ago we heard of a JRT dog looking for a home as he had snapped at a toddler in the house. Needless to say we were delighted to offer him a home with us. He's taken over our household now.
It’s so quiet in the house, we’re already thinking about a new pup. It feels like a betrayal so soon but the whole home feels empty and not complete.

That's not good Moobee .... takes a long time to get over losing a loved dog ... we were nearly two years without a dog after our last 15 year labrador gave up on his two year battle with a brain tumour ... we still miss him but after a long wait we got Spark ... now nearly 18 months old and has already found a place in our hearts. One never replaces another - they just provide a new set of joys ... Here's our new bundle of joy ...
Oh Spark is lovely. We’re getting better at not crying all the time but the house feels too empty & quiet. It feels so odd without a dog.

Latest posts

Back