What are your bees foraging on this week?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kingcup,apple, pear, aubretia, wallflower, quince. neighbours'gardens and plants..

Sugar solution for 27 days out of the past 30...

No swarms here: lucky to have bees given the weather and frosts forecast.

fruit blossoms, dandelions, rosemary, thyme and something that produces a pale white pollen.. and water - ... hawthorn should be out in about 2 weeks... might be a good crop after all the rain

And here for some two hours.

Rain again tomorrow... sighs

PH

Horse Chestnut and dandelion and what looks like prunus.

dandilion horse chesnut and a light yellow pollen i have yet to identify.
strangely still a bit of willow coming in aswell.

Not so strange. I have an unusual one in my garden which flowers in May. It has just come in to flower and bees are very attracted to it every year even in the presence of OSR.
Cazza

During the rare dry spells mine are bringing in mainly dandelion and some pale yellow pollen. A few weeks back I had to put on my 2nd super which will be coming off this week. They've been stuck in so long that almost all their stores are gone and they're now taking 1:1 syrup:rolleyes:

No early crop this year :( The early honey last year was fantastic too, by far the best I've ever tasted. Ah well, at least this hive is still alive:rolleyes:

dandilion horse chesnut and a light yellow pollen i have yet to identify.

Could the light yellow pollen be bluebell? I saw mine collecting it last week and it was almost a cream colour. We also have a willow that is just starting to flower a couple of fields from here.

Nick

Better weather today - seen on Hawthorn, Holly, Rowan, Laburnum, Horse Chestnut and Apple. Bringing in lots of off-white pollen but not sure what from?

Mine are mad for holly, and alder buckthorn, and the acacia is just about to open :)

Mine seem to bringing in mostly a slightly off-white pollen. We are surrounded by hawthorn hedges in full flower, several large horse chestnut trees, as well as masses of cowslips and bluebells.

Forget-me-not, tree peony, and their favourite poached egg plant....

Latest posts

Back