Wellie advice

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greatbigchicken

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I'm looking for advice on purchasing a new pair of wellies, my pair have split.

I want a decent pair that will last, but don't cost the earth.

Any ideas??

not worthy

Aldis wellies are great but they only stock them for a month every year so get them while you can, otherwise farmers co-op are good.

I had a new pair of Hunter wellies this year after my previous ones wore out after 20 years service. They are the most comfotable wellies I have ever worn and I would rather spend a bit more on some that I know will last and fit properly, than buy cheap, get sweaty uncomfortable feet and have to replace every couple of years

We bought Muck boots and I can honestly say they are so cosy it is wonderful but the tread on them is pretty shallow so not so good in slippy conditions.

PH

I always buy Nora's....bit of an unusual name I know, they are marketed generally for dairy farmers and have a good non slip sole, ideal in milking parlours where the milk fat makes the concrete super slippy. They are very comfortable too and have decent arch support. About £50 a pair I think, they do ladies and mens. I'm on about my third pair in 20 years work and I'm wearing them on a daily basis.

Frisbee

Ooohhh - please sir - where do I get a pair of Le Chameau that don't cost the earth ??
:D:D

i bought my first pair around 10 years ago and am still wearing them yet, i would say i have them on me at least every other day,i think back then they were up on £100,for the amount of wear i have got out of them i cant complain really.
Darren

i bought my first pair around 10 years ago and am still wearing them yet, i would say i have them on me at least every other day,i think back then they were up on £100,for the amount of wear i have got out of them i cant complain really.
Darren
I got my first pair 6 years ago and the bloody lab pup has just gone and chewed the straps off them the little beggar.....
Just took receipt of another pair though...

its muck bots for me so comfy and great fit straight of the shelf.

Short green muck boots - size larger, suit zipped over the top. The mid-length in my usual size need wrestling off. Shop around online for a better price...

I got 12 pairs of these,
[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dunlop-Unisex-K580211-Welly-Womens/dp/B0014E5LR8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341994458&sr=8-1[/ame]
for the beekeeping club and they are good for the price.

Mike.

"Lowther", from the people who make Hunter wellies

Le Chemeau are great but silly money . Muck Boots are good value and comfy as are Buckler wellies , they call them Buck Boots , wonder where that idea came from ?
I am trying the Buck Boots at present and they are good .
G

Le Chemeau are great but silly money .

It appears to depend on which model you choose. My wife wears Le Chemeau and all this talk of silly money worried me so I did a search. The cheaper models are only £10 - 15 more than Muck Boots

For occasional use I'd agree that Le chameau are far too expensive, but if you try and wear a cheap pair of wellies all day whilst doing a lot of walking, you'll know about it, whilst the more expensive boots are more like wearing a comfy set of shoes, and dont slap about on your shins and calves all day, totally unnecessary if all your doing is checking the bees every now and then.
For occasional use, a £15 pair from an industrial supplier would be fine, Makro do a pair of bright white ones for about £10 all in, just dont expect to do much else in them without having sore feet and legs.

For occasional use, a £15 pair from an industrial supplier would be fine, Makro do a pair of bright white ones for about £10 all in, just dont expect to do much else in them without having sore feet and legs.

Steel toe caps always for me, and a nice thick pair of socks. Both of which I get free from work:coolgleamA:

I also have my Sunday best "fashion" Hunters:rolleyes:

Wellies, normally go for cheap and cheerful, but give all the rain we have been having I'm now buying waders.

Latest posts

Back