Which magnifying glasses

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
24 + a few nucs....this has to stop!
Sorry all, I have done a quick search for the above title to avoid a repeat but didn't have any luck.
I am looking to buy a pair of magnifying glasses for grafting. I don't wear any prescription glasses at any time but could do with making my life easier. Any cheapish recommendations please?

Yes. I use something from Harbor Freight US that’s about the same caliber. I have 2 pairs, each kept in the original box with a ziplock bag of grafting tools in the same box.

How is the light on yours? Mine have the LED bulbs on each side, but I gave up trying to use them. For a couple years I would take a headband light, place it on first and guide the beam with my mouth. I’m sure it was a sight, but worked well. Now I just use daylight (preferably over my shoulder).

Jeff Don’t forget a decent light over your shoulder or a good LED pen type light to shine in cells. My eyesight is not what it used to be but I find lighting makes the job easier.

How is the light on yours? Mine have the LED bulbs on each side, but I gave up trying to use them. For a couple years I would take a headband light, place it on first and guide the beam with my mouth. I’m sure it was a sight, but worked well. Now I just use daylight (preferably over my shoulder).
My light is fine, I find using it transforms trying to graft.

Jeff Don’t forget a decent light over your shoulder or a good LED pen type light to shine in cells. My eyesight is not what it used to be but I find lighting makes the job easier.
Thanks Ian, I already use a headband LED which has made a lot of difference in itself but thought I would treat myself with some glasses as well.

Latest posts

Back