Weald Place Farm

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:D:D
:iagree:

I know who your talking about and i was told from the Bee inspector they had been selling EFB Nucs. The bee inspector came to inspect my WPF bees after he was found to be selling bees with EFB too.

I see i have the same Bee inspector for my out apiary ( i had hives until stolen at pepperstock just by Luton airport) ;)

i had two SBI visit one from South East Division on london and one from Eastern Division.... as different approach on EFB information as chalk to cheese......perhaps one was on a different PLANET ( Hint)

Last edited:
Our friend has updated his website:-

quote from is bees page

"BEES

Our bees are bred from disease resistant stock with good over wintering results, along with the ability to react well to nectar flow and produce good volumes of honey. I would like to state that in the early season it is very hard to produce queens successfully in the UK and as such some of our early queens come from partners in Europe. All the producers we work with have our full support and they want to work with us to produce the very best bees all of which are fully desises checked and come with health sertificates which re provide as proof with every sale. I know that some people do not approve of the importation of bees into the UK. To these people I would like to say, if they can come up with ways of producing the queens and bees of the quality and quantity that we demand, for an economic price, then I will always buy British.

Later in the season we produce our own queens and as the beekeepers who purchased bees from me in 2010 and 2011 will, I am sure, agree, we have made some very hardworking yet extremely easy to handle bees.

We aim to produce around 1200 nuclei of bees for sale in 2012. Our bees are of, we believe, a very high quality. If you need British bees then please specify when placing your order, as we have only limited supplies of our home grown queens. We have bees available on BS National, Langstroth, Jumbo Langstroth frame systems, although most will be on BS National and Langstroth. It is important to get your orders in to us ASAP so that we can produce the bees you need to order. We aim to produce whatever you, the customer, would like wherever possible

Colonies of bees."

interesting!!!

1200 @ £170 =£204,000 :eek:

Thats a whole lot of cash lol if he is up to it

Last edited:
Just to say that I read this post with interest.someone mentioned about it being an issue of the business outgrowing the owner and I have to agree with that point.

Having met Will a couple of times he seems an honest and genuine guy and was open about his problems (though I am still not completely clear on the extent of what went wrong from this thread but sounds pretty bad)

One major fault of his on this situation is his understanding of the power of the Internet and not working with people to resolve the situation openly.

Being honest with people (clients or not) and being proactive at managing your problem (and resultant PR) is essential. Burying your head in the sand is never a great option and it sounds like this has been the situation here

happy New Year to everyone

James

I never feel sorry for companies ripping people off (allegedly).

In the end, whether 'the business has outgrown the man' or not: looking from the outside (I have no axe to grind as I've never had dealings with him - but never am I in the future!) There are only two opinions I can make
a) The man is a total fruitloop who lives in a small cottage made from fruit cake in the far eastern corner of cloud cuckoo land (which as we know is a large planet half a light year from the constellation Grimsby) next to the doolally shop.
or
b) He's an out and out crook whose taking (most of) us all for a bunch of mugs
But that's only my opinion (for what it's worth).

Having met Will a couple of times he seems an honest and genuine guy and was open about his problems (though I am still not completely clear on the extent of what went wrong from this thread but sounds pretty bad)

James

Yes, just to tie up a couple of loose ends in the Weald Farm saga....didn't you share a make up artist on the set of your DVD?

Susbees,

Yes, that's true and interestingly an angry client turned up that day of filming. To do with a delivery of bees being late apparently. It was filmed back in May so none of the EFB had been found to my knowledge.

It did seem the set up was rather haphazard and disorganised and for a business that is never a great base but he obviously had a great knowledge of keeping and raising bees. That is why I do think the business just outgrew the man on this occasion.

if you set yourself up on Facebook and have websites, use forums, you should at least communicate information good and bad and not just use it as a forum to promote is my belief...

James

Last edited:
hi james

just had a look at ur website. that happy holidays stuff is a real nuscence even if u click close it reopens on each page.

how come u dont have a link onto here as this is the Biggest beekeeping forum. which you also use.

just a couple of pointers about it, hope you didnt mind.

doug

At Last

I have at last received my hives from William. it has only taken about 9 months, but i got them. i have seen William a couple of times, and he has always come up with a reason of not supplying, but by keep going back i got them. i advise people to keep going and William will supply you.

I have at last received my hives from William. it has only taken about 9 months, but i got them. i have seen William a couple of times, and he has always come up with a reason of not supplying, but by keep going back i got them. i advise people to keep going and William will supply you.

Another satisfied customer :rolleyes:

best get the blow lamp out just in case :)

WOW you actually received your goods, you must be a lucky person, can you pick my lotto numbers for me not worthy

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea who MB are, or weald farm so forgive me if I'm being ignorant of facts but, could it be that MB has no idea who weald farm is? And they are just fulfilling an order? Much the same as Thornes have no idea who we are and fulfil our orders. Many could be bad beekeepers, but could you hold thornes accountable for supplying equipment?

Lucky you didn't have the bees to put in them then.

Latest posts

Back