Weald Place Farm

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and there is one other big supplier who supossidly sold EFB infected Nuc this year

Only one Thorne in the side? ---BIG SUPPLIER?????

I think people need to be very careful putting names of suppliers on here unless they have proof of them supplying infected bees, remember you could cause this forum a lot of hassle.

and there is one other big supplier who supossidly sold EFB infected Nuc this year

Only one Thorne in the side? ---BIG SUPPLIER?????

No not Th**nes, National bee supplies, Maisemore or Paynes but they had a stand at Stoneleigh

Now that reduces it to only one or two but i am not prepared to repeat what was posted on this forum about EFB supplied Nucs

No not Th**nes, National bee supplies, Maisemore or Paynes but they had a stand at Stoneleigh

Now that reduces it to only one or two but i am not prepared to repeat what was posted on this forum about EFB supplied Nucs

:iagree:

I know who your talking about and i was told from the Bee inspector they had been selling EFB Nucs. The bee inspector came to inspect my WPF bees after he was found to be selling bees with EFB too.

Well you can eliminate EB PRODUCTS as he had no cases of EFB / AFB from his sales reported. So you can eliminate him

I personally think this whole system of confidentiality (secrecy?) about EFB/AFB outbreaks is counter-productive. It creates exactly these kind of rumours and makes people afraid of passing on what could be vital information to other beekeepers for fear of being sued.
The system is hugely biased in favour of the supplier rather than the consumer, and I can't really see why.
A more open and honest system would allow buyers to make an informed decision about who to do business with and would, possibly, raise standards of hygiene and bio-security amongst suppliers.
Or am I just being naive??

Possibly,perhaps they think there could be a risk of other infuriated beekeepers knowing of the location of infected colonys, and they may take the law into thier own hands and torch/destroy the lot....vigilante type thing.

Possibly,perhaps they think there could be a risk of other infuriated beekeepers knowing of the location of infected colonys, and they may take the law into thier own hands and torch/destroy the lot....vigilante type thing.

Unlike DEFRA to be overly bothered about that sort of thing. They weren't so secretive about F&M.

It's naive to buy a nuc from anybody based on glossy marketing, without making some sort of effort to check the "goods" or check the references or credentials of the supplier, or failing that to secure some sort of guarantee. Unfortunately "bee fever" turns people into soft targets. I have sympathy because I had bee fever years ago. Thankfully I was lucky and had nothing worse than chalk brood.

I personally think this whole system of confidentiality (secrecy?) about EFB/AFB outbreaks is counter-productive. It creates exactly these kind of rumours and makes people afraid of passing on what could be vital information to other beekeepers for fear of being sued.
The system is hugely biased in favour of the supplier rather than the consumer, and I can't really see why.
A more open and honest system would allow buyers to make an informed decision about who to do business with and would, possibly, raise standards of hygiene and bio-security amongst suppliers.

:iagree:

It's naive to buy a nuc from anybody based on glossy marketing, without making some sort of effort to check the "goods" or check the references or credentials of the supplier, or failing that to secure some sort of guarantee. Unfortunately "bee fever" turns people into soft targets. I have sympathy because I had bee fever years ago. Thankfully I was lucky and had nothing worse than chalk brood.

But that's point Chris - you can't check the credentials of the supplier because the disease records are not available to the public. The only information we can go on is word of mouth - sometimes that's great other times its not.

Thats the reason i asked the questions in post 117, if it was not for this forum most would not know what we know now about WPF, its not out for everyone to see that they were on stop, if hes got a bee inspectors paperwork to say he is clear of AFB and EFB then there is no problem it is all above board for anyone to check.

If an apiary is under standstill, then nothing is supposed to be sold from it. Once that standstill is lifted no problem. So, the 'Public' does not need to know the private disease records for any supplier as if they are under standstill then they won't be selling will they?!

Meg

If an apiary is under standstill, then nothing is supposed to be sold from it. Once that standstill is lifted no problem. So, the 'Public' does not need to know the private disease records for any supplier as if they are under standstill then they won't be selling will they?!

Meg

So, if a supplier repeatedly has a disease problem but a customer happens across them during a "clean" period, it is not in that customer's interest to know the company's track record on hygiene and disease control?
Would you buy a kebab from somewhere that had had several enforcement notices in the recent past but was open for business today? Maybe. maybe not.

And think about it the other way round - say I want to buy a nuc from WPF, the only info I have to go on is the pages and pages of stuff on this forum - it could all be made up for all I know. If I was a supplier I would rather have people be able to check my records online than rely on what could be hearsay.

Last edited:
As an aside...

When I am using another google account guess who keeps popping up on the adverts?

PH

Meg your post 133

ROTOR 1947 his letter post 167 Weald Place Farm orders
JALLEN POST his letter post 174 Weald Place Farm orders

JOHNFLY 8th Nov
Questions
1.Has the Essex Dafra bee inspector inspected the bees Since the 6 week shout down for further EFB disease?
2. What was the inspectors actions in dealing with his infected stocks?
3. Was burning infected hives / bees enforced?
4. Have they made him clean up his dead empty hives- frames disbanded comb that’s scattered every where?
5. Will WPF be aloud to sell the same EFB over-wintered bee equipment?
6. As in AFB! Will the honey he sells be a disease risk?
7. What has been done to stop/reduce the disease risk happening again?
8. Selling NEW beekeeping equipment or jumping into bed with a b/k equipment manufacture is not the issue,
9. Selling diseased bees in new manufacture equipment is the concern.

Can anyone in the Essex area answer these Questions?

I for one would like to know the answers to these questions

Can anyone in the Essex area answer these Questions?
I for one would like to know the answers to these questions

Perhaps you should contact William, and ask him,he's bound to know the answer to your questions.

Last edited:
I think you have mumps Hivemaker......oh no ! its just that all your posts recently your tongue seems to be poking your cheek out !

Latest posts

Back