Weald Farm Orders

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Winker;140188 said:
600full-kojak-photo.jpg

"Who loves yah Baby?"

mbc;140196 said:
Kojak and Dom apart, I think this thread is symptomatic of a malais which runs through british life. These sort of fly by night, make a quick buck, jump on the bandwagon operations not only p off their customers but they undermine the whole industry so that bonefide companies who do serve their customers lose trade and when downturns and recessions hit they are then less able to weather the storm and keep afloat.
However well meaning and nice you are William, shame on you for bringing dissrepute to the industry, hassle to your customers, financial hardship to other vendors, not to mention another flood of foreign genetics into our gene pool.

Between us I spoke to William re bad PR that he is getting and he simply said he didnt care - just started quoting the volume of orders and that all is well.

He told me he didnt have internet connectivity at home and when he logged online at Stoneleigh he had some 800+ emails waiting for him (lots from ppl on here no doubt).

Worth keeping in mind, running ecommerce solution with no internet access for months - at that time your emails never got answer cus they never got read.

Pleasant chap but lives in another world.

JD

mbc;140196 said:
financial hardship to other vendors

Quite agree. I've heard the poor folks at Thoornes and Maiysemore have had to trade in their Ferraris and Maseratis and now they've only got Range Rovers and Mercedes. ;)

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I discovered another website for WPF whilst searching for something else:
http://www.beehives-forsale.co.uk/*****************

This may or may not be intended to eventually replace the existing link. Either way it's another avenue into business with the same company, this time without quite such an obvious name and looking more like a generic beekeeping site (although it isn't, to judge by the copyright notice and other details).

This is unfortunate as it is likely to encourage more custom to a company that clearly has problems keeping up with online (or indeed any) orders...
just a "heads up".

If you follow the link you have to go to the main website to make a purchase. Links on the beehives-forsale link don't do anything.

However William still has 500 nucs available and his quantity available for Home Grown Queen = 2000....

Who said you can't buy UK reared queens........?

Must try and find out how he does it...

The more I read about this fellow I get the feeling it's not the case of a bumbling well meaning incompetent but good old fashioned fraud - trading standards I think!

So if I am reading things correctly in 2010 he went from a hobby of 2 hives to over 130 in just 16 weeks.

In 2011 he we will have around 100 hives producing honey for sale and some 600 hives at other farms!

Ed Woods;140244 said:
So if I am reading things correctly in 2010 he went from a hobby of 2 hives to over 130 in just 16 weeks.

In 2011 he we will have around 100 hives producing honey for sale and some 600 hives at other farms!

What he didnt tell you was that in 2010 he collected some 80+ swarms, that was the jump, since then I dont know.

jezd;140245 said:
What he didnt tell you was that in 2010 he collected some 80+ swarms, that was the jump, since then I dont know.

Well that's one interpretation of "all of our breeding stock has been deliberately selected" :rofl:

From WPF website:
By the end of May 2011, we hope to be operating just over 600 hives producing bees for sale. Our bees are bred from disease resistant stock with good over wintering results, along with the ability to react well to nectar flow and produce good volumes of honey...

His advert in Gardeners World says he will be producing over 800 colonies of bees for sale in 2011 and aiming to produce a further 3000 Queen bees.

If his business is built on 80 swarms will their offspring be swarmy?

Whilst WPF may be a walking blindfold into an almighty disaster, to me it does highlight how almost all the bee supply companies could improve the look, feel and ease of customer use of their websites and increase their market share.
Although I guess they're not doing too badly as they are so there is no incentive to improve.

Gardenbees;140232 said:
Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I discovered another website for WPF whilst searching for something else:
http://www.beehives-forsale...........co.uk/

QUOTE]

Let's not give this guy any extra advertising.
A link on here and the extra traffic it creates will help him rise up the google rankings.
Can I suggest Admin deletes the link?

Jimmy I would think that we will hardly ever hear about the more successful ones as they will sell on reputation alone with no need for big bells and whistles.

Tom, :iagree:, but I bet there is a very healthy market out there for somebody competent to offer the same as WPF but to deliver as well. The market I have in mind would happily pay premium prices if they got a professional service from an online supplier.

I just wonder how many people he owes money to when his printing buisiness went bust.

Latest posts

Back