wasps

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bitbybit

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Other
Number of Hives
I have reduced the entrance, in what will soon be my only hive, as I have noticed a lot of wasps around (I have a failing hive that the wasps are entering) I was just wondering if I have done the right thing as the bees may need to ventilate the hive and the smaller entrance will become a bottle neck for foragers.

I have reduced the entrance, in what will soon be my only hive, as I have noticed a lot of wasps around (I have a failing hive that the wasps are entering) I was just wondering if I have done the right thing as the bees may need to ventilate the hive and the smaller entrance will become a bottle neck for foragers.

if they are on OMF then they have adequate ventilation, you may be better moving the hive 3 miles, could your BKA help you find a site?

Thanks. I will put out some traps. The wasps seem to be kept at bay by this hive but I will keep an eye on the situation and if needs be more them. I am slow to do this as I won't be able to monitor them as easily and wasps may find them again.

Latest posts

Back