Washout... worst summer for 100 years official

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cold windy and temp down to 10c today. Got my fleecy pj's on now. Last day of summer tomorrow. Brrrr

Hi lois and hivemaker,
If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.
Dalai Lama
So, it's all about keeping yourself happy and my bees are part of that. Last day of Summer is a channel four film and it was made in my house!

Yep the weather has been diabolical, probably get a cold dry winter for us to worry about our bees

Poor honey harvest outside UK too but for other reasons - Italy has had hottest summer in living memory - 35C+ for 3 months in North.

It si so that Russian/Siberian high pressure stays on East Europe. The edges of weather area rain more or less.

Last summer was extremely hot. Now it was here quite cold. But however we have been near edge of Russian high pressure.

Moscow Shivering In “Coldest Winter In 100 Years”
By P Gosselin on 21. Februar 2011

Last edited:
I've noticed this season in particular, however much I've talked about the weather, it hasnt made it any better.

Hi Hivemaker,
You misquoted me there that was Dalai Lama apparently. Not to worry a little compassion never goes amiss and it may brighten the day even if it does not affect the weather.

Would quite like to be on the receiving end of come compassion. Oops sorry, typo...................where did the com come from?

Try telling our government to be Compassionate, heard last week they are closing all the remploy factories

Could this season be a blessing in disguise?

The price is sure to rise with the honey shortage and stay at that price for next year.

That is if we do not get the same weather next year.

Could this season be a blessing in disguise?

The price is sure to rise with the honey shortage and stay at that price for next year.

That is if we do not get the same weather next year.

No the honey importers and commodity brokers have plenty of cheap honey from overseas... UK produced honey is small beer to them!
BUT possibly due to a bad harvest the price of local honey will remain steady as larger UK producers have stock they have not shifted from previous good years ... unless we have another poor year next year!

Latest posts

Back