Victorian Bee Skep

Beekeeping Forum

Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

Glosgall 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
none
Hi, I've got an original victorian bee skep , in good condition for it's age ,,,,,just a bit ragged around one side of the base , It's still got some old dried honey inside at the top . Trying to clear my late dad's sheds and come across it . No idea, other then ebay , of where to sell it ......and no idea of price really . Any help or advice would be appreciated !
Cheers,
:redface:

gandalfwhitewizard 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
langstroth
Number of Hives
Dad's sheds are brilliant! Loads of old bits and bobs....try flea bay some half wit might buy it!

Nice old diseases lurking from old victorian period???? better burnt i think IMO.

Glosgall 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
none
No, but it's a nice piece of social history !

Skyhook 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
An experienced and knowledgable beek of my aquaintance uses a inherited skip decades old to catch swarms, and swears by it.

Brosville 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
tbh
Number of Hives
Reading between the lines, methinks you're looking to raise a few bob, and are looking for some sort of historical kudos you can attribute to it to enable it to be deemed a valuable artefact..........
Seeing as you can buy a brand, spanking new skep, including postage for under £20, which has far less chance of harbouring some dire disease, I'm of the "light the bonfire with it" school of thought.

biggles 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
loads
Reading between the lines, methinks you're looking to raise a few bob, and are looking for some sort of historical kudos you can attribute to it to enable it to be deemed a valuable artefact..........
Seeing as you can buy a brand, spanking new skep, including postage for under £20, which has far less chance of harbouring some dire disease, I'm of the "light the bonfire with it" school of thought.
Bit late in the year I know but where can I get a skep for £20

Ta
Pete

biggles 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
loads
Brought it. Thanks very much been looking for a while and was going to pay £60 but just couldn't bring myself to pay that much.

Thanks

Pete

Brosville 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
tbh
Number of Hives
I got the biggie- here it is having been used to capture a medium-sized swarm a few weeks ago!

it'll be fine!

Latest posts