• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Victorian Bee Skep

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glosgall

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi, I've got an original victorian bee skep , in good condition for it's age ,,,,,just a bit ragged around one side of the base , It's still got some old dried honey inside at the top . Trying to clear my late dad's sheds and come across it . No idea, other then ebay , of where to sell it ......and no idea of price really . Any help or advice would be appreciated !
Cheers,
:redface:

Dad's sheds are brilliant! Loads of old bits and bobs....try flea bay some half wit might buy it!

Nice old diseases lurking from old victorian period???? better burnt i think IMO.

No, but it's a nice piece of social history !

An experienced and knowledgable beek of my aquaintance uses a inherited skip decades old to catch swarms, and swears by it.

Reading between the lines, methinks you're looking to raise a few bob, and are looking for some sort of historical kudos you can attribute to it to enable it to be deemed a valuable artefact..........
Seeing as you can buy a brand, spanking new skep, including postage for under £20, which has far less chance of harbouring some dire disease, I'm of the "light the bonfire with it" school of thought.

Reading between the lines, methinks you're looking to raise a few bob, and are looking for some sort of historical kudos you can attribute to it to enable it to be deemed a valuable artefact..........
Seeing as you can buy a brand, spanking new skep, including postage for under £20, which has far less chance of harbouring some dire disease, I'm of the "light the bonfire with it" school of thought.

Bit late in the year I know but where can I get a skep for £20

Ta
Pete

Brought it. Thanks very much been looking for a while and was going to pay £60 but just couldn't bring myself to pay that much.

Thanks

Pete

I got the biggie- here it is having been used to capture a medium-sized swarm a few weeks ago!
skepfull.jpg

it'll be fine!

Latest posts

Back