Very cheap spring bulbs Wilkinson's

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean.

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Hi all,

Wilkinson's are selling their stock of flowering bulbs off at 25 pence a packet. Get a bargain if you have one near you.:party:

Sean

Last edited:
Now would be a great time to plant crocus bulbs so the bees have a nice supply of pollen in early spring and at 25p a packet.

My spring bulbs went in last month the ground is frozen here. It is always possible to put the bulbs into pots and a general purpose compost will see them through the winter and ready to plant out in spring. I have done this in the past when not able to plant early enough.

This was what I was thinking, as I had bought some a few months back planted them. Would give them a good start to the year, especially as they would be flowering staggered. Then discovered the mice had been at the once planted out. The trip to Wilkinson's was originally for mouse traps.

I dropped on lucky at Wilkinson at Hucknall where the sold them off at 10p per pack I bought just over £40 worth for £2. Mostly Crocus but a few native Daffodils.

Great buy

Latest posts

Back