Varroa control

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New Bee 2

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Hello!

I've tried treating with Hiveclean for the past 3 weeks ... ok results but still a hefty mite drop. Saw an article on Apivar. I recognise its status is 'questionable' in UK but wondered if anyone knew a reliable source to purchase it from .. either UK / EU ??

i would go with apiguard. just type it in google but be carful not to taint your honey !!

New bee - if you are getting a hefty mite drop with hive clean then that shows its working.
Before you treat with anything else I'd leave the hive untreated for a week and see what kind of mite drop you get then.

Hello!

I Saw an article on Apivar. I recognise its status is 'questionable' in UK but wondered if anyone knew a reliable source to purchase it from .. either UK / EU ??
I think you have to be very careful with Apivar - in some areas the mites have built up a resistance to it and using it only makes them more resistant. In some areas it's OK but others a definite no no - Check with your local bee officer

Latest posts

Back