• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Various Items for Sale

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DannyBoy

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
None sadly retired
I am downsizing my apiary and have the following for sale:

Brood Bodies: National (12), WBC (3) £10 each
Supers: National (36), WBC (6) £10 each
Feeders: 7 £10 each
30lb Honey Buckets (50) £1.50 each
Four-Way Nucleus Box £100

What does pm me mean, beestingjohn

db - would be interested to discuss sale items

Most items gone now, I need to do a stock check to see what is left and will re-post.

Thank You

Danny Boy. Just a note to say a pleasure to meet you, thanks for the equipment just what I needed to start up on a limited budget, but mostly, thank you for your patience in answering my many newbee questions.

You are very welcome Aly. It is always a pleasure to help new beekeepers and do get in touch if I can help with anything else. I hope you enjoy your hobby as much as I have. It's good to see my equipment going to young, enthusiastic newbees!

Was it worth it?

Advertising items for sale on this site is free, one would expect if you think you have had a benefit that you would make a donation?
This is a great website but can't operate with no funds!

I agree this is a fantastic site and needs funds to run successfully. I only came across it a few days ago and as a result have been able to sell my equipment (due to retirement after many years) whist helping several new beekeepers who are delighted with the bargain prices and advice.

How do you know that I haven't made a donation already? Or intend to. I feel aggrieved that some of you feel you need to teach me what my moral obligations are.

The normal rules, if you have read them, is no advertising on the forum. However you will note that those that have nucs, etc, for sale are pemitted, as long as they are not running a business and are regular contributors to the forum, to make them available to members, by using the for sale section. They are the ones with a 'I support the beekeeping forum' just beneath their screen name.

You may think you have no moral obligations whatsoever and in that case one and all might wish your initial post had been deleted (and posts like yours would be more likely to be imediately deleted, in the future). However, you may mot have been aware of them and these have now been brought to your attention, so you have the opportunity to redeem yourself.

RAB.

The normal rules, if you have read them, is no advertising on the forum. However you will note that those that have nucs, etc, for sale are pemitted, as long as they are not running a business and are regular contributors to the forum, to make them available to members, by using the for sale section. They are the ones with a 'I support the beekeeping forum' just beneath their screen name.

You may think you have no moral obligations whatsoever and in that case one and all might wish your initial post had been deleted (and posts like yours would be more likely to be imediately deleted, in the future). However, you may mot have been aware of them and these have now been brought to your attention, so you have the opportunity to redeem yourself.

RAB.

MMHHH Assuming a police role on the forum are rab .

If you want a Private members only forum I suggest you start one !
Admin runs this one and surely doesn't require you to lecture and alienate people , especially newbies who are unaware of what a PM is let alone a contribution !
Also a contribution is what I'm engaging in right now which is a lot different from a donation which initiates the 'I support the beekeeping forum' just beneath their screen name.

John Wilkinson

Admin is the man to sort this and there is a button on every post to bring said post to his attention.

PH

I allowed the original post as it looked like a few members could benefit from the items being sold.

A donation from sales is not manditory although many sellers do help out the forum if they can.

The only time I get a bit grumpy is when we get the hit and run members who make a first post of "Nucs for sale" leaving an email or telephone number then not bothering to login until the next year when they want to place another advert.

Dear Admin,
I am glad you allowed the post, as I benefitted hugely from meeting Dannyboy and was happy to buy his equipment now that he is retiring. It was all good quality and good value stuff but much more than that, I met yet another wonderful beekeeper who is a credit to the craft. I understand that you don't want businesses advertising on the site, but I definitely agree that there is a place for a thread that allows members to offer their surplus equipment to those needing it. Makes sense for the beekeepers and most certainly makes sense for the environment. - Aly

Latest posts

Back