Vandalism at Northumberland Honey mating apiary

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I despair how some are being brought up by their parents.
I was sh… it scared of my school teachers and my parents lovingly made me into a decent empathetic human being. What’s the answer?

I despair how some are being brought up by their parents.
I was sh… it scared of my school teachers and my parents lovingly made me into a decent empathetic human being. What’s the answer?
That’s the issue, they’re not brought up by their parents, but nursery staff, teachers, often multiple partners and the state.

Forgot to post this a few days ago when I saw it on their facebook feed. Northumberland honey had over a hundred mating nucs trashed at one of their mating apiaries.
They're based in my hometown - the mating apiaries are a bit further into Cumbria last I knew, as we're the buggers who chopped wor tree :-( I've offered help and bees but not sure how else to help em tbh, hope the little gits got stung

over a hundred mating nucs trashed
Odd: vandals out for kicks might trash a few, a dozen or so, but retreat when bees began flying. A competitor or ne'er-do well beekeeper would steal, not destroy.

A hundred takes dedication and perhaps a degree of vengeance.

It's amazing how often beekeepers who court publicity get vandalised. Strange how these coincidences occur. As if summer storms weren't bad enough....

Odd: vandals out for kicks might trash a few, a dozen or so, but retreat when bees began flying. A competitor or ne'er-do well beekeeper would steal, not destroy.

A hundred takes dedication and perhaps a degree of vengeance.
There aren't any competitors nearby, it's rural Northumberland, Willie Robson is 50 + miles away. Apideas probably aren't that scary to teens kicking stuff, just a cupful of bees per box really. Some bored kid I imagine

Take their TVs, game things, computers and cars away.
Just their mobile phones would be enough.

I recently delivered a series of integrated wasp management training seminars at a premier UK theme park. Got a lot of stick for recommending how bins should be managed as being unrealistic given the wanton level of vandalism experienced from school coach trips and that all sanctions against the vandals even if caught are strictly forbidden. Can't even invite the vandals to leave the park. What hope for an out apiary?

Just their mobile phones would be enough
Stan's granddaughters get their phones taken off them at the beginning of every school day......you may be right. The trauma to two well brought up rounded young ladies was a revelation. It echos still.

It's amazing how often beekeepers who court publicity get vandalised. Strange how these coincidences occur. As if summer storms weren't bad enough....
sounds like you are suggesting that commercial beekeepers get what they disserve for running a successful business or can you clarify your statement?

beekeepers who court publicity
evidence for such an ignorant comment?
It seems that some forum members just can't resist the opportunity to troll and make mischief

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back