Useful tools/accessories

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BF x2 I use a horse hair brush and it is perfect but I have only had to wash it once..
I do not see any negatives in using bee brushes..don't forget nie on every bee is shook of a super frame and the bee brush is not always needed especially on fully capped supers.

Last edited:
I have a feeling when I bought my brush from thornes we didn't have something called the internet. I think I was tapping code into my ZX Spectrum!!!!! It probably cost about £1 then and is still going! ( The brush not the spectrum!!!)
E

I'm not sure if this topic exists, but I'm interested in what you have found to be the most (sometimes surprisingly) useful tool or accessory you use in the apiary or workshop. I suppose the hive tool is just about top of the list (I use the J tool), but I've found the little stainless queen catcher very useful this year. In the workshop, the compressed air nail gun has been invaluable for frame making, and I was inspired to get one from what I read on this forum.

Here is a pic of the innards of a mini-paint roller. I insert it through the hive entrance a couple of times over winter to scrape dead bees (if any) off the OMF.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_3ee.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_3ee.jpeg
    486.5 KB · Views: 42
eBay item number:

I have one for WBC boxes... made in brass by my Grandad..... now he was born in 1902 so it must be getting on for 100 years old!

Chons da

Latest posts

Back