Two types of orientation.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The
In your opinion - but doesn't make it anywhere near fact, like Trump, you have no proof to back up your hypotheses therefore (thereof has a totally different meaning) another possible source of fake news
English language is a wonderful thing..
The more hypotheses the better :)

Im trying my best, 7 weeks without a cigarette now. After smoking for 20 years.
I had a health check before covid all seems to be OK. Blood tests and a check over.
7 weeks. Keep going. It’s a terrible addiction and you’ve taken a very important step. Well done 👍

7 weeks. Keep going. It’s a terrible addiction and you’ve taken a very important step. Well done 👍
Fifteen years smoke free next April after nearly 30 years of smoking

Af
Had the odd episode when I could have killed for a cigarette the first year I gave up. Then the cravings completely disappeared
After food and in the morning is the worst at the mo... I have a patch on, and have cut the things in half to save money..
Bloody team leaders smoke and one of the labourers, It smells vile to me.

I knew his Welsh cousin Dai Alalysis
:ot: :ot: :ot: :ot: :ot: :ot: :ot: :ot:
A Farmer in Cornwall see's a bloke drinking from his stream

He shouts, "Wozzon! Ee den wanna be drinkin dat, t'is fulla horse piss an cow ****".

The bloke says "I'm fromLondon and just purchased a property in the village can you speak bit slower please".

The Farmer replies "If - you -use - two - hands - you - won't - spill - any

Nadelik Lowen

Fifteen years smoke free next April after nearly 30 years of smoking
35 years since I stopped ... mind you, I stopped before that for 7 years and then someone offered me a cigar at a posh dinner and I thought - I'll just have one cigar that won't hurt - within a week I was doing 10 cigars a day, couln't afford it and so was soon back to 20 Picadilly a day - took me another year to stop.

Mind you, I smoked from being 13 ... I started not by smoking but by selling them to school friends who did. I used to buy 5 Park Drive plain for a shilling, sell them for threepence each and pocket 3d profit ... I soon graduated to buying packs of20 and was making a shilling a day ... 5 bob a week in 1963 ! I was rich until I started smoking the profits !!!

Now ..can't stand the smell and absolutely no desire ever to smoke ... unfortunately, good whisky is another matter ....

After food and in the morning is the worst at the mo... I have a patch on, and have cut the things in half to save money..
Ditch the patches and all the gimmics, in the end they just extend your dependency on nicotine. Bite the bullet and ride it through. I found once I'd gone twenty four hours it became much easier. And try to break the habit cycle (fag breaks after tea etc.) the first thing I used to do each morning was to go outside and have an oily rag, then breakfast. I was onboard when I gave up so instead, every morning as soon as I was up and dressed I'd do all the daily radio checks/radar warmups and compasses and then have breakfast (kept the junior hands on their toes as well!) Just identify the 'trigger points' for wanting a smoke and find ways of avoiding them.
I remember many moons ago when my father's brother was on yet another unsuccessful no smoking run (he was a sixty plus a day man), it was when the patches and magic gums etc first came out. Christmas day afternoon service at the old Black Mountain Schoolhouse (the last of the 'satellite' establishments that were dotted around the valley to save people having to go all the way to the main chapel for Sunday schools, prayer meetings etc.) he and my Godfather the undertaker were sat behind me (a bit of a burden as they were both tone deaf) and Hywel asked Eirian 'How's the giving up going?' to which he replied 'getting there, I'm down to twenty a day now' Hywel (who was also a heavy smoker) said 'fair play man! you were on sixty woodbines a day last month!!' and his reply?
'Not cigarettes you damn fool twenty bloody patches!!'

Af

Bloody team leaders smoke and one of the labourers, It smells vile to me.
JBM is right "Ditch the patches and all the gimmics, in the end they just extend your dependency on nicotine. Bite the bullet and ride it through." The first three days were the hardest for me and it definitely helps to change your routine(s) and do something different.

JBM is right "Ditch the patches and all the gimmics, in the end they just extend your dependency on nicotine. Bite the bullet and ride it through." The first three days were the hardest for me and it definitely helps to change your routine(s) and do something different.
I found that I had so many triggers ~ getting up, getting shaved, after breakfast, getting in the car, getting out of the car, stopping at traffic lights, getting to work, picking up the phone, with coffee, after coffee, any meeting, with anyone else smoking, with any meal, with any drink - I even occasionally found I had two cigarettes on the go at the same time ... and EVERYONE smoked ... and more ... it was almost impossible to avoid a trigger ... you just have to stop and resist the impulse ...but take heart after about the first three years the impulse goes away almost completely.

I had to accept, after stopping for the umpteenth time, that I was an addict and like any addict I could not have just one ... it's a long time ago now and in the end the one thing that stopped me was bronchitis every winter that lasted until May. I was so ill when I stopped that I couldn't breathe ... I went to the doctors and asked him what he could do about my chest and he sat there with a cigaretted in his ash tray and told me I had to stop smoking ... I said that was a bit rich coming from someone smoking a cigarette and he said 'I'm not the one with bronchitis'.

It's a bit easier these days as smokers are largely considered pariahs ... shoved out in the cold - everywhere public is a no smoke zone, packets that tell you cigarettes will kill you and the cost is astronomic ... in my smoking youth they were still telling me that smoking Marlborough was GOOD for you .... Times have changed. Save the planet and stop smoking.

How many years does it take to get rid of the nicotine stains on the back of your upper and lower front teeth?

Going cold turkey, a lot of nerve and will power needed. I say well done to anyone who can kick the habit. As for me only ever touched one once when about 12, that once was more then enough for me.
The Mrs. gets a bollocking from me and is made to go outside.

Now that would be a sight, what I'll do is leave a spanner set out side and St nick (me) will have to take the wheels of its only 80cm wide and I'm hoping I can get it through the back door.

Leave the wheels off xmas eve and then tell the kids Santa didn't have time to refit them as he had a busy might ahead.

Ive counted, I've got 8 days supply left then I will give the cold turkey ago..
Both me and SWMBO are giving up so at least I have some one to shout at :laughing-smiley-004..
No she has been brilliant, except for phoning me up at 8am regularly to have a rant about me leaving lettuce out or lights on or whatever.

Latest posts

Back