Two types of orientation.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should. Not all of them of course but for Heaven's sake keep an open mind. There are some good ones out there (just like Britain's got more than its fair share of fools uploading videos).
Morning rolande, any suggestions?
I'll always keep my mind as open as possible.

I must be blind dani, I missed this.
How long did this last and did it happen on more than one occasion in the same week?
Frohe weihnachten!
Merry Christmas!
Seen only once. It's a friend's video. He said the main bunch of the swarm hung around in a cluster in a nearby tree for 15 minutes then flew back. Did you spot the queen?
Merry Christmas to you too

Delaplane; Ellis; Palmer; Cobey.... Search for University extension programs, go a bit further north and check out the University of Guelph videos. Loads of stuff out there and yes of course people will tell you that it's not suitable for Shropshire but they're the blind ones. Videos and books are the same in that we need to learn to read between the lines. Watch, listen, read and think. Depth of experience is more important than location that's why I follow ITLDs Twitter feed even though his main crop is heather and the centre of his operation is in Scotland while I'm chasing a July flow on the Jurassic coast.

Delaplane; Ellis; Palmer; Cobey.... Search for University extension programs, go a bit further north and check out the University of Guelph videos. Loads of stuff out there and yes of course people will tell you that it's not suitable for Shropshire but they're the blind ones. Videos and books are the same in that we need to learn to read between the lines. Watch, listen, read and think. Depth of experience is more important than location that's why I follow ITLDs Twitter feed even though his main crop is heather and the centre of his operation is in Scotland while I'm chasing a July flow on the Jurassic coast.
As Einstein said “The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.”
Question everything, always seek out research/scientific papers/reports, reject "old wive's tales", and generally bee DIFFERENT to most other people.

I agree re the Canadian ones. The Guelph Uni. Videos are very informative and Devan Rawn is brilliant.

As mentioned above there’s a huge amount of good information/research out there and very little is provided by uk research/beeks. The trick is weeding out muppets on YouTube and applying said info to your personal situation.

Thanks rolande, i will have a look for some of the above over the winter..
Ive had three new books for Christmas which are keeping me busy.
I've started with this one. 16091713210273556721617463032116.jpg

Latest posts

Back