Twitter

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I must have missed something out here. I asked in a super positive way for twitter names.

Any beekeepers on twitter!? Post your name here!!

@gruffydd_rees
the first part is a question. the second part a command.

please explain (in good english), how that is a 'super positive way' ?

If you don't like the topic why feel the need to comment? I must be to young for this forum!!

the first part is a question. the second part a command.

please explain (in good english), how that is a 'super positive way' ?

I dont do twitter and english is my second language (and possibly my english isnt good ) but to read that post and see it as anything but a friendly positive question as to whether any beekeepers are on twatter (and if so please post their name ) takes a leap of comprehension beyond me.

I do use twitter. Receive only, no personal information stored or broadcast.

I can see the point of twitter, as a one to many broadcast route that individuals subscribe to. Following sports teams is the obvious category. Can't see the point of following individuals though, not via a third party system. Better to control who gets the message via an open standard medium like email. Realistically, I'd rather the accounts I follow used an open protocol but they choose twitter. Fair enough, but if I ever found the ratio of real updates to padding fell I'd be looking elsewhere.

Facebook? Nope. Too public.

A forum is for one group of people with some common interest who choose to take part, as much or as little as they like. The difference is you are no more than what you choose to write. You're not exposing a complete set of personal information. And it leaves a searchable trail of questions, answers and discussion. I guess that's how most arrive here.

What anyone chooses to use is entirely up to them. :)

Last edited:
Carmarthenshire!, Cwm gwendraeth! You?

twitter-cartoon-2.jpg

I dont do twitter and english is my second language (and possibly my english isnt good ) but to read that post and see it as anything but a friendly positive question as to whether any beekeepers are on twatter (and if so please post their name ) takes a leap of comprehension beyond me.

there was no 'please post their name', just 'post your name here', a command, not a request!

Overreaction indeed!! No I'm just a countryside ranger trying to make new beekeeping contacts.

If your scared of twitter then I take it your scared of going out to the "real world" thousands of bad things can happen to you just walking down the street!
A child could tell his friends ( in person) his family is going on holiday and his friend might tell someone els..... And his house could be burgled!! Do you think kids should not be allowed to communicate because it's to dangerous!!!!? The media makes you scared of things just live your life without worry!!

I find people in forums are more dangerous than people on twitter. Some members on this forum claim to be master beekeepers and own hundreds of hives! They could be a total beginner! Where is the proof? People can be whatever or whoever they want on this website and that is dangerous!

When I talk to people I like to know who it is I'm talking to. I have nothing to hide and I'm weary of people that do......

This response is both fatuous and displays great ignorance. And don't dish it out if you can't take it.

I happen to use Twitter just about every day (@psafloyd) because I find it very useful in my work. However, I rarely use it for non-work issues because I simply can't be bothered.

No luddite, I've been online almost two decades and am a heavy user of Linkedin, again for work. Facebook is for non-work stuff for me so I can leep In better touch with those who live overseas.

Oh, and it should be:

you're;

too; and

wary.

Oh, and it should be:

you're; yes

too; and are you sure ?[/COLOR][/COLOR]

wary.
could be either

Personally I'm always happy to be corrected when it comes to language as learning propa english can only help to make myself better understood in future.

what's annoying for luddites is that increasingly offers, competitions etc from retailers etc. are being run through medium of social media.

can see why - rather than each entry being 1 potential customer (or mailing list entry) as per old fashioned postal or email entries every social media entry brings with it followers and friends, probably of like persuasion and so much much more effective marketing tool.

BUT for those of us outside that world.....no more freebies i'm afraid.

could be either

Personally I'm always happy to be corrected when it comes to language as learning propa english can only help to make myself better understood in future.

You're right it could be, but in that context, MBC, ie transparency and openness, the chances of it being both are slim.

To insult the way I talk/ write when English is my second language is pathetic!

So I guess you don't like me as well as twitter.

The negativity on this site is unreal! My advice to you haters with nothing better to do than insult and be-little people trying to be friendly is get your leg over every now and again it might just cheer you up!

I use Twitter (@clv101) and Facebook. One thing that's clear to me is your experience of the two platforms is totally up to you.

Facebook and Twitter on their own are nothing - just empty shells. The content they present you with is solely down to who you add as 'Friends'. Choose well and you receive a stream of extremely interesting, personalised, news, information and analysis. Choose badly and you find out what your cousin had for breakfast!

Exactly! News full of beekeeping information = highly interesting! :)

If you don't like the topic why feel the need to comment? I must be to young for this forum!!

why do you think you are too young? The average twit'r is 39.

As you correctly wrote, a forum can have positive or negative responses and the number of hives is not equal to the quality of answer.
Your question asked for Twitter users. Is a negative response also not valid to show Twitter is optional and not a requirement. (this is not the BBKA!... different methods are allowed and often encouraged!)

PH, a greatly respected member of the forum, was abruptly answered when given an answer that did not suit your point of view. Your answer could have been handled better.

Some BKF members are a sensitive bunch, and others very thick skinned. I think we have all agreed that some like Twitter, and some do not. Neither is the correct or incorrect response.
Your flame towards PH made this topic heated. An acceptance to Twitter not being everyones cup of tea would have sufficed.

The offence is not about you... only your response. This forum is a valuable tool for beekeepers. In a public environment courtesy is appreciated, although sometimes more senior members of the forum may not seem to have any. They may also have objections.
After a while you will understand that it is just their personality.

This is not a forum where methods are dictated, and certainly not a place where technology can be easily argued. This forum is full of techies!

Rather than insulting (too young for the forum is another indirect insult as is calling this site pathetic!), it is better to backheel, accept the arguments and get on with beekeeping topics.

Todays newbie is tomorrows expert. Nobody is offended with your presence, but if the insults and arguments fly on a regular basis you will be considered a troll, and trolls are not welcome.

I am going to explain why I have no time for the twits who twitter and the so called friends on Facebook.

It's called lack of time.

I have a limited amount of time that is not dedicated to my business and it varies day to day. I have allocated most of it in the recent past to the forum hoping to achieve some good.

I am now dedicating the most of it to building up my site which again I hope will achieve some good in the beekeeping world.

I do not have time for streams of what ever information and no interest in it either.

If something is REALLY important someone will phone me or knock on my door.

The rest is rubbish. As a veteran of MIRC and voice chat I am only too aware of how beguiling and time wasting they are. And when all is said and done they achieve nothing.

They say Twitter is responsible for the Arab Spring.......... Makes me laugh. Utter tripe. The net may have made it easier but it would have happened regardless.

Have fun with your toys as long as they last.... remember 2nd life?

PH

Some good valid points. But please don't misquote me. I did not call this site pathetic.

Back