Treatment-free label

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erichalfbee

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
What do you think if this, then

Attachments

• 131BFC45-0FE6-4155-A30E-9802FD46E794.jpeg
    131BFC45-0FE6-4155-A30E-9802FD46E794.jpeg
    25.3 KB · Views: 141
Fair enough I suppose; my label states I do not feed sugar.
Is it sustainable though? Will they (you? -wasn’t sure) be making honey in 2025? I hope so, and well done if so :)

Finman, I was asking the question about treatment.

Re: feeding sugar, I think you are confusing sustainable and profitable! I make no claims to the latter (although I hope to in years to come).

Finman, I was asking the question about treatment.

Re: feeding sugar, I think you are confusing sustainable and profitable! I make no claims to the latter (although I hope to in years to come).

I am not confusing anything.
Sustainable: We leave our planet in better condition to our children than it was to us". What heck it does to our planet if I do not feed sugar to bees? Just childish!

There are huge heap of rubbish under title of "Sustainable".

Last edited:
The honey I've just extracted will be treatment free in 2018 - the last treatment was in 2017 and they won't be treated for another couple of weeks, long after the honey's gone.
If the seller thinks this label will sell more honey and it's accurate, then good luck. Let's hope the bees aren't suffering from Varrosis in order to meet the obligations of this label.

CVB

Customer will wonder what on earth is going on with all the references to chemicals and treatments. Few have any idea of what treatments beekeepers use. A label like that, I'm afraid, would put me off buying.
Simply stating it's "Pure natural honey" would be better IMHO.
Then they understand what they are buying.

"employing natural methods of beekeeping"

Not being funny what are you classing as natural

I am not confusing anything.

Sustainable: We leave our planet in better condition to our children than it was to us". What heck it does to our planet if I do not feed sugar to bees? Just childish!

There are huge heap of rubbish under title of "Sustainable".

I have accused you of nothing! To quote The Bard: ‘The lady doth protest too much, methinks’

Pure natural small batch hand collected raw single origin unfiltered honey ... from London.

;)

When bees use honey as Winter food, cost is

£ 200/hive.

With Sugar it is £ 12/hive

What point in this is sustainable?

30 years and counting
I rely on the Himalayan Balsam to provide my bees Winter stores !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tried raw...most customers wondered what the hell it meant.
Single origin...no its from multiple sources of flowers.
Hand collected ? You didn't centrifuge it then?
Non filtered ....not even the stainless steel mesh ones?
Small batch suggests perhaps you are keeping the wrong strain of bees ;)

If you are advertising it's short and snappy and use a customer head not a beekeeping head. We know what we are talking about, they don't.

I had a spring honey uncontaminated with any OSR.
In fact it's just setting.
I advertised as spring honey no oilseed rape. After the third customer asked why I would add rape oil to spring honey's... I tore it down and went back to Spring honey.
Simple is better.

Olriley If your calling it unfiltered do you include the odd leg to make it authentic. Whilst the methods you mention are certainly chem free I am not sure they are natural certainly you could use raw, cold filtered,

Latest posts

Back