treat and feed

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whoosling

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Probably been asked a hundred times before but can you treat for varoa and feed at the same time, my bees very short on stores.

From Apiguard's FAQs
7. Q: Can I feed my colonies whilst using Apiguard?
A: Yes and No. The recommendation is not to apply Apiguard whilst feeding simultaneously in case the bees spend all their time taking the feed and not bothering to clean out the Apiguard gel. This is not a high risk and will vary between different colonies so if you have to feed and treat at the same time, try it in a few colonies first and see how the bees react.

From Apiguard's FAQs
7. Q: Can I feed my colonies whilst using Apiguard?
A: Yes and No. The recommendation is not to apply Apiguard whilst feeding simultaneously in case the bees spend all their time taking the feed and not bothering to clean out the Apiguard gel. This is not a high risk and will vary between different colonies so if you have to feed and treat at the same time, try it in a few colonies first and see how the bees react.

Thanks, yeah I have read that, I should have said has anyone any experience of doing both at once, what was the outcome.

Last year because of lack of time we had Apiguard in an eke, under a coverboard then a feeder in a super.
They filled the eke with syrup-filled brace comb (avoiding the Apiguard tray).
We left the eke on over winter but it was a real pain sorting the mess out in spring.

When our stock of Apiguard is used up maybe we'll try strips instead which don't need an eke.

Last year because of lack of time we had Apiguard in an eke, under a coverboard then a feeder in a super.
They filled the eke with syrup-filled brace comb (avoiding the Apiguard tray).
We left the eke on over winter but it was a real pain sorting the mess out in spring.

When our stock of Apiguard is used up maybe we'll try strips instead which don't need an eke.

that's what I decided to do as I have Apriguard, they really need feeding so I'll have to sort the mess later I suppose. Thanks

Latest posts

Back