Top Dollar

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have also added on the label that my honey is unprocessed and twice filtered.
I reckon that unprocessed may mislead because filtering is processing. I've used unprocessed in the past but as it doesn't reflect what happens between hive and jar I've dropped it.

Do you really filter, Jeff, or just strain honey? Strain sounds less mechanised than filter - which is done by the big processors and removes goodness.

I reckon that unprocessed may mislead because filtering is processing. I've used unprocessed in the past but as it doesn't reflect what happens between hive and jar I've dropped it.

Do you really filter, Jeff, or just strain honey? Strain sounds less mechanised than filter - which is done by the big processors and removes goodness.
Actually you are right, I just strain.I will amend the next batch.

I have just churned my first 15lb bucket. Looks ok. Tastes fine. It was a doddle to do. Had to borrow A drill to do it.
Tried it out with a 30lb bucket last night. Certainly makes the process a breeze compared to how I used to do it. One tip. Make sure that the bucket has been fully warmed to 30C for long enough to loosen the honey in the entire bucket. I didn’t check and must have hit a solid bit as the bucket started rotating at an alarming speed at one point!
I think it will be useful in speeding up syrup making later in the year as well

Tried it out with a 30lb bucket last night. Certainly makes the process a breeze compared to how I used to do it. One tip. Make sure that the bucket has been fully warmed to 30C for long enough to loosen the honey in the entire bucket. I didn’t check and must have hit a solid bit as the bucket started rotating at an alarming speed at one point!
I think it will be useful in speeding up syrup making later in the year as well
Reminds me of my father using an electric paint stirrer back in the 70's he stuck it in a pot of blue paint in the lounge and turned it on. It hit the thick bit at the bottom and turned at 5000 revs. We had a thin blue line right round the lounge at the same height and he even had it across his stomach. The transistor radio with the blue line on lasted about twenty years after that. A subtle reminder!!!

Yes. I had two one year at the Conwy honey fair as stall decoration and somebody came up and wanted to buy them. Since then I take whole frames up but only a few. I’m not cornering the market 😂
What stands are you using not the show stands Shirley? I found boxes with cheap stands but there still expensive.

Yes. I had two one year at the Conwy honey fair as stall decoration and somebody came up and wanted to buy them. Since then I take whole frames up but only a few. I’m not cornering the market 😂

If people can sell fresh air to the Chinese no doubt there will be a big market for honey frames , something to explore!

Latest posts

Back