Tool ID?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
We have a Transit Custom van in for conversion at the moment (two as it happens). We cut big holes in the rear doors and fitted windows today. Henceforth it will be known as "The Stormtrooper".

transit-03.jpg

However, whilst clearing out the inside we came across a number of tools like this one. The current owner doesn't know what they are and the previous owner told him that they weren't his. Any idea what they're actually for?

unknown-tool-01.jpg

James

That looks like a really smart window job. Looks like you have a team of very skilled guys in the new venture who know what they are doing. Knowing your skills no doubt the panel that was removed will be turned into something really useful in the beekeeping department!!

That looks like a really smart window job. Looks like you have a team of very skilled guys in the new venture who know what they are doing. Knowing your skills no doubt the panel that was removed will be turned into something really useful in the beekeeping department!!

Thank you. It's a bit nerve-wracking cutting big holes in someone else's van, I have to admit. We did a couple of vans at the same time -- sliding door windows (with little sliding windows themselves) in a Transit Custom which has sliding doors both sides, and rear and a single sliding door window in the hi-top Transit Custom in the photo. They do look very smart, I can't deny.

James

However, whilst clearing out the inside we came across a number of tools like this one. The current owner doesn't know what they are and the previous owner told him that they weren't his. Any idea what they're actually for?

unknown-tool-01.jpg

James
Any possibility of an exploded view? I think it is for winding something, but I cannot see the internals...

Back