Time to get the camera out againAnd spread some joy

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the last one in particular 👍

Reactions: Ely

Love this. I do miss them. When I lived in the Lake District you could practically set your calendar clock for their return to their nesting sites.

94B26C73-2A37-4F94-BFDF-27021C24A3C0.jpeg

Love this. I do miss them. When I lived in the Lake District you could practically set your calendar clock for their return to their nesting sites.

View attachment 35188
Curlews are really in decline apparently, I haven't seen one around here for years (always a pair or two roding where I have two apiaries now. I remember the last time I was fishing in Ireland - probably about twenty years ago, I spent an afternoon fishing on the banks of Loch Conn and there were clouds of hundreds - if not thousands of curlews

Curlews are really in decline apparently, I haven't seen one around here for years (always a pair or two roding where I have two apiaries now. I remember the last time I was fishing in Ireland - probably about twenty years ago, I spent an afternoon fishing on the banks of Loch Conn and there were clouds of hundreds - if not thousands of curlews
Same with Lapwings. I used to see use flocks of them in the fields as a child

Same with Lapwings. I used to see use flocks of them in the fields as a child
I remember doing a coast patrol from the Loughor estuary to ferryside during a week of storms, just in case something had washed up, driving from Kidwelly to Llansaint in the landrover, I could see over the hedges and there were fields full of lapwings and curlews huddling in the lee of the hedges sheltering from the storm.
I used to enjoy navigating up the river Orwell to Ipswich, although obviously on a filling tide so a lot of the marshes were flooded, but we once had to drive down from Ipswich on a patrol and just downstream of the Orwell bridge I saw an avocet

One from me that I hope you like..

10B2F9C9-5617-4822-B5B7-A9907573284F.jpeg

Latest posts

Back