Thorne budget smoker recall

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sheep dip -still got the tank.
Not sure quite what to do with it though.

Aren’t there two types of asbestos, one less dangerous than the other?
From memory (I did the asbestos course years ago) there are about 6 types of Asbestos - the most dangerous is blue asbestos - fortunately, it's heat insulation properties are not that good so it tended to be used only in tiles so rarer. Brown asbestos is equally carcinogenic but because of its heart resistant properties was used extensively as building insulation. White asbestos is allegedly the least dangerous but because of its heat resistant properties and its curly fibre structre was used extensively wherever heat insulation was required. Because it was used so extensively it has been attributed to more cancer issues than other, less used, types.

There remains arguments about how dangerous some asbestos that has been used is - but the general agreement is that all types are carcinogens ... just to what degree is the discussion.

Hi, can anyone tell me where I find the code on the smoker? Or is it the numbers on the order confirmation? I need to know if the ones I bought are needing new bellows too, thanks

Hi, can anyone tell me where I find the code on the smoker? Or is it the numbers on the order confirmation? I need to know if the ones I bought are needing new bellows too, thanks

I found my order confirmation and gave them the order number, date and item description.

James

I found my order confirmation and gave them the order number, date and item description.

James
Thank you, I bought from Simon, mailed the other company that took on his name still waiting on a reply though, haven't used smoker yet, prefer spray bottle lol,

I also bought smokers with suspect bellows from the "new" simonthebeekeeper. I sent an email enquiry to them and received the following reply:

On 7 Aug 2023, at 17:17, Kevin <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi Michael

Thanks for your email. We’ve had confirmation that our products are unaffected and have provided this information to Lancashire Trading Standards.

Kind Regards

Kevin

Latest posts

Back