Guards around smokers base

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murox

Queen Bee
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new smoker and recently visited a beekeeping colleague who has a smoker whose guard not only protects around the sides but also has an integral "foot" to enable the smoker to be stood "safely" on a poly hive for example. They thought it came from Maisemore (three or four years ago), but a quick look at their site didn't show any like that and I haven't been able to find anything. There are many available with the guards simply bent and tucked under the bottom but none that I have found with a proper integral "foot". Can anyone point me in the right direction please ?

Looks like mine, which I got from Maisemore, about 4 years ago.
Does it have an actual name? I could send Maisemore the picture I suppose and just asK, I wasn't certain that it was Maisemore, but its worth a try now. Thank you.

Apologies, it was Caddon Hives, I’ve just found the receipt. The Empire smoker, in large. £16.00.
The guard looks a bit different compared to what I have though.

Have you tried a Google lens image search?
I've had a quick try using your images - on my phone it comes up as an option when I touch the image. No success but if you're able to try additional angles you might get lucky.
My Dadant smoker is Poly friendly, the metal cage extends to keep the base off whatever you rest it on.

Have you tried a Google lens image search?
I've had a quick try using your images - on my phone it comes up as an option when I touch the image. No success but if you're able to try additional angles you might get lucky.
My Dadant smoker is Poly friendly, the metal cage extends to keep the base off whatever you rest it on.
Ah thank you. I did email Maisemore but it wasn't familiar to them.

Latest posts

Back