Test run

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've now seen a good few wasps around the raspberry canes now including a big queen wasp. I don't have any hives yet was just using a cupful of syrup, to get the garden visitors to stay still long enough for some photographs. Took about 200. After the edit I'd deleted about 180 of them and of what's left is less than a handful worth keeping.

I need a better camera and a steadier hand.

You need a tripod and shutter release...macro photography magnifies every little movement either by you holding the camera or by the insects moving.

I've now seen a good few wasps around the raspberry canes now including a big queen wasp. I don't have any hives yet was just using a cupful of syrup, to get the garden visitors to stay still long enough for some photographs. Took about 200. After the edit I'd deleted about 180 of them and of what's left is less than a handful worth keeping.

I have a old cannon 400d that i use with sport mode.. the main thing i have found with getting clear pictures of something moving is good lighting... full sun is perfect.

For anyone still trying to get pictures up from your mobile phone Snapseed is the app i am using on my phone..you can edit your images and it also resizes them..once that has been done you can export the pictures which sends them to your phone picture gallery..when adding a post you get a option (manage attachments) once you click on that it is more or less self explanatory.

Or if you want to do it properly, use Tapatalk.

854de8927ffbef21428617a482bb8191.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Think I've cracked it also with snapseed

Attachments

• 20180925_114026-03.jpeg
    20180925_114026-03.jpeg
    742.8 KB · Views: 28
For anyone still trying to get pictures up from your mobile phone Snapseed is the app i am using on my phone..you can edit your images and it also resizes them..once that has been done you can export the pictures which sends them to your phone picture gallery..when adding a post you get a option (manage attachments) once you click on that it is more or less self explanatory.

That really is such a long winded way of adding a pic.

Plus reading the forum in a mobile browser, is just awful.

Download - Tapatalk and search for the forum. Its free.

I have tried reading the forum on my Nokia 5 and its pure rubbish I have to say, constantly have to enlarge and faff about. Thats the forum not the phone which I quite like.

For resizing pics I use the puter and Irfanview. Dead simple. Open the photo to see it, click image click resize select size and then save as. Them upload to here. That's about as straightforward as I can find.

PH

I have tried reading the forum on my Nokia 5 and its pure rubbish I have to say, constantly have to enlarge and faff about. Thats the forum not the phone which I quite like.

For resizing pics I use the puter and Irfanview. Dead simple. Open the photo to see it, click image click resize select size and then save as. Them upload to here. That's about as straightforward as I can find.

PH

Try Tapatalk for mobile browsing in forums! Million times better and great for pics. Download in the play store. Can access all your forums from a single app

I have never heard of a Nokia 5!

Latest posts

Back