Tea tree oil

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curlyrupert

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi all forum is new to me and therefore my first thread.
Has anyone used the above plus Lemon Grass and Winter green in a syrup feed, there is a lot of info. on the American webs etc and they have had good results.
So why hasn't this been used in the UK.

Curly :welcome:

quote=Curlyrupert;418661]Hi all forum is new to me and therefore my first thread.
Has anyone used the above plus Lemon Grass and Winter green in a syrup feed, there is a lot of info. on the American webs etc and they have had good results.

Curly :welcome:[/quote]

There's not a lot of good things that come out of American on line beekeeping sites .... and this sounds like a recipe for a disaster rather than a recipe for anything that would be good for the bees !!

BTW ... Welcome to the forum ... lots of GOOD advice to be found on here ! You seem, also, to have two identical threads started !! It happens ... I have five thumbs on each hand as well :icon_204-2:[

Last edited:

Welcome to the forum

It is used in the UK.
If it is used in the UK why isn't it common knowledge for all to get some feed back good or bad. It has had some very good results against Nosema in other countries but we seem to have our heads in the sand.

a) with American track record on livestock treatment I wouldn't believe them if they said that oxygen was beneficial for animal survival.
B) why bother with weird lotions and potions when thymol solution (first used by Manley) has been proven in numerous studies to be effective
Isn't 'snake oil' a term coined in America?

it's especially good for grazes and mild scalp rashes
Tea tree oil is good for relieving the itching of bee stings too. Has even been known to contribute to fake manuka honey.

If it is used in the UK why isn't it common knowledge for all to get some feed back good or bad. It has had some very good results against Nosema in other countries but we seem to have our heads in the sand.
Wintergreen ointment ... Good old fashioned recipe for all sorts of aches and pains, my mum used to rub it on my chest when I was a kid in the 1950's when I had a chesty cough ... Stinks ... Don't think my bees will be getting their chests rubbed - I'm with JBM on this ....

Latest posts

Back