Swarm seen - Boxley, Kent

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trulli1

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Seen in the Church grounds in Boxley, Kent roughly 15:45 today.

Any Beekeepers in the area, looking for a swarm?

I had a quick look around and didnt see any hives, spoke to a lady in the Church and she didnt know of any Beekeepers in the immediate area.

The Church is opposite Kings Arms pub. Walk into the main church gate, veer off to the right, there is a small gate to exit the church grounds, its basically at that gate.

Any questions, just ask, I have attached a picture.

If the swarm is collected, will the grave stone fall over?;)

It looks like they are trying to copy the soldiers and the flag photo :biggrinjester:

Nice handy swarm for somebody.

Put a board down and they would probably walk in.

That's what happens when you tell the bees someone's died. Maybe the deceased was their beekeeper!

I can go
Its about a25mins drive for me, but is it worth it, is it still there? Shame it is not in garden with some contact info so I could check!!

And they look a bit cross to me :)

I will go, nice time to take them if there still there. If not there is the Kings Arms. :drool5:

Go to the BBKA website they will give details of local beekeepers

Well got them, well think it's them as not on the same headstone

Could have been more? Those don't look as many as in the OP? They could possibly have homed themselves in the time it took you to get there.

what happend to swarm after it was collected as i am in need of a swarm for my top bar hive.

what happend to swarm after it was collected as i am in need of a swarm for my top bar hive.

Their marching into a hive now, if not already in. But PM me, I am very close to Biddenden and expect swarm calls this week if weather is as they say.
Steve.

Latest posts

Back