Swarm seen - Boxley, Kent

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well got them, well think it's them as not on the same headstone

Could have been more? Those don't look as many as in the OP? They could possibly have homed themselves in the time it took you to get there.

Don't think so, the large square headstone puts it out of perspective as the original cross headstone they were on earlier was very small headstone, plus the swarm gave all indications of a queen in my box.

Dudley,

No, I didn't mean 'did you miss some of the bees in the swarm', I meant was there another separate swarm.

RAB

Dudley,

No, I didn't mean 'did you miss some of the bees in the swarm', I meant was there another separate swarm.

RAB

Oh I see, Yes it may have been that.
I had a good wander around and if there was another swarm they had gone.

The big man above could have felt sorry for me when he saw the swarm moving off, so compensated me by calling up another swarm to come into his garden. But I doubt it, he has done nothing for me in 57years, why would he start now? :rolleyes: Don't answer that!

Remind me not to answer the phone...the cast swarm I went for weekend before last up a whippy hawthorn (which is varroa-ridden)...the elderly ex-beekeeper householder's just been on the phone again....a small cast. So probably a teacupful. Naturally up the same tree.

Cleverly our Chairman who's 20 minutes closer is out til much later and the BBKA list is also doing me no favours. Grrrr...I don't seem to be in much of a hurry...

Back